3: Your Dress Is Too Revealing

Start from the beginning

My package contained a teal blue sequined dress with tiny diamonds at the waist, and a matching pair of sandal heels.

Tamara's was a cream colored flowing gown which i concluded from mere looking at it that it  would fit her slender figure perfectly.

With the shopping bags strewn around us, we plonked on the sofa, my mom in the middle and I and Tamara at both sides, leaning on her shoulder.

💭💭💭💭

Next day, I arrived at work at exactly 7:50a.m, I sat in my office after exchanging pleasantries with Alice and the rest of the staff apart from Stacy who put on an attitude.

A mail from my boss arrived shortly, it was a couple of minutes to eight and I was quite baffled as to how he knew I was already at work.

📥📥📥📥
I need file 309, bring it to my office immediately.

I pulled out the required file and ambled to Mr. Philip's office with it.

I knocked on the door and stepped in after hearing a ' come in '.

"Good morning sir."

I walked towards him with the file in my hand, his eyes roamed up and down my body as I advanced.

"Here's the file you asked for." I respectfully handed the file to him and he yanked it out of my hand.

I turned to leave because he would likely keep me standing again.

"Where do you think you're going?" He snapped and I turned to him.

Is he always this rude?

"To my office of course." I retorted and he shot me a dirty look.

I continued walking towards the door.

"Your dress is too revealing." He said, succeeding in taunting me.

I paused in my steps and turned angrily to him, my fist formed a ball at the same time.

"Excuse me, I don't see anything wrong with my dress, it's quite decent."

A scowl appeared on his face. "Don't you talk back to me." He fired.

"I can and I will whenever my personality is insulted."

He slammed  his hands on his table and rose angrily.

Uh oh.

He walked menacingly in my direction and I did what I had to do, I bolted.

I got to my office breathless and I tried catching my breath back with a hand placed on my chest.

My boss was silent, he didn't send any mails requesting for files or something like that, so I sat in my office idly. I picked a nail lacquer and lacquered my finger nails with it.

I thought we would get along really well, but I thought wrongly. If he would remain being a jerk, we wouldn't, not even in my wildest dreams.

At lunch time, I hurried to meet up with Alice for lunch at the canteen situated on the fifth floor.

"Hey, how are you doing?" She asked as soon as I stepped into her cubicle.

"I'm okay."

She put away the papers she was holding and stood up. We walked to the canteen and sat at a corner after ordering our foods.

I ordered a plate of vegetarian fried rice and Alice stared at me in a questioning manner when my food was placed before me by a pretty lady who seemed to be in her mid-twenties.

"Are you a vegetarian?"

"Yup" I replied, taking up my spoon and regarding my reflection in it.

We were silent for awhile before she spoke.

"How's your job?...how's Mr. Philip treating you?"

I didn't know if it would be wise for me to let her in on what's going on, but then, it might just be a trap set by my boss.

"He's not that bad." I ended up saying, and she raised a brow as if in doubt.

"Wow, that's surprising... to your predecessors, he was really bad...he's a terrible headache.. seriously..."

You have no idea.

She ended up ranting about Mr. Philip's poor behavior to his staff.

After lunch, I hurried back to my office and checked my laptop, I had a mail from my boss, I opened it.

📥📥📥
Bring file 133 to my office.

Whatever happened to 'scan and send it through mail'.

I took the file to his office and handed it to him, sensing his eyes on me as I left his office.

After closing from work at 5:30pm, I hurried back home and took a refreshing shower, lay on my bed and kept myself busy by reading a couple of newspapers on my phone.

Tamara checked on me, and I updated her on what happened at work. She flipped out when I disclosed how my boss said my dress was too revealing.

"What is his problem?" She asked and walked to where I had discarded the dress for washing, she raised it up.

"What's wrong with this dress now?"

"Other than it was forced down my throat?" I mumbled and turned off my phone, catching the roll of her eyes.

"I have a date with Michael." She informed.

"That's really nice. Don't forget to take some protection with you, just in case." I teased her and she slapped me playfully.

"I'm not like that, you know me well." she protested before walking out of my room.

Yeah,  she was right,  I and my sister were chaste, although she had her first kiss in high school, made out with one of the popular guys on Prom night, she hadn't danced the 'dance' yet, me neither, we were saving ourselves for the right guy who'll cherish us eternally, and not for  random guys to ' taste our dishes ' and run away like Medusa's after them.

She had met Michael at a fundraiser, according to her, she felt instantly attracted to him and he felt the same way, so they clicked, and they've been dating for 3 months now.

As for me, my dating history's blank, I haven't found a decent guy who fits into my list of the qualities I need in a guy. I'd rather not be in a hurry to date someone who only cares about getting in between my leg and then will leave me with a broken heart.

My body was too precious to be dishonoured.