8 (lemon)

Izzy flew the balloon to the Medjai's village. There was already a celebration starting. But the Curator and Nasunah were angry. Ardeth's mother was happy and grinning.

"Why so angry?" Jonathan asked the Curator and Nasunah mockingly.

Everyone fell quiet. Ardeth stepped up to Nasunah.

"Nasunah, I hereby proclaim our marriage as cancelled!" he exclaimed.

Everyone gasped and looked between Ardeth and his (ex-) wife.

"What?"

"Ardeth are you sure you want to do that?" one of the elders asked.

"Yes, Im completely sure. To one hundred percent."

"Tell us the reason."

"Ten years ago, when Imothep was being awakened first, I met someone, who changed my life and my emotions completely. Yes I loved her, yes we slept together and yes, I still love her. And I hope she will accept my begging for forgiveness."

"Who is this girl you're talking about?"

Ardeth reached his hand out into Madylinn's direction before he turned his head to look at her. She hesitated for a second before she inhaled deeply and took his hand. He pulled her into his side and looked back at the elders.

"This is her? What is her name?"

The elders looked at Madylinn.

"My name is Madylinn. I'm the reincarnation of princess Ama-Nenet, daughter of Seti the First and former guardian of the bracelet of Anubis.

Nasunah snorted.

"And who's baby are you carrying now? From this guy who wanted to destroy the world?" she hissed.

"Baby? What baby?" Rick asked confused and nervously.

"No it's not from him."

"But it is true that you're carrying a baby right now?" One elder asked.

"Yes, it is."

"And from whom?"

Madylinn's looked at Ardeth.

"Him", she stated calmly.

Everyone gasped. Nasunah snorted again.

"That's a lie! They saw each other ten years ago."

"That's right. But when he left me, I stopped aging. And the baby did too, because he seemed to not love me back. The baby and I were stuck. Stuck in time. But when he saw me again, the love must have planted a seed again and it was blooming, which resulted the growing of the baby to continue. That's why I look like I'm three months along. And if the other two trimesters are going by as fast like the first one, ... the baby could be born in the next few days. But more guess that it will take six full months now", Madylinn ranted, causing Ardeth to look at her with amazement.

The elders spoke to each other for what seemed like hours, before they parted again and made an announcement.

"We have come to the agreement, that Ardeth Bay and Nasunah, ... will no longer be married..."

"What? No! You can't do that!" Nasunah exclaimed angrily.

"Yes we can. And if she and her family and friends agree... Madylinn will be married to Ardeth Bay."

Tears, angry tears rolled over Nasunah's face. She glared at Madylinn before she tried to launch at her.

"You!!! That's all your fault!!!!" She screamed.