3

The O'Connells and Madylinn arrived at their house in London on a cold, dark night. The sky was full of wind and rain. They got out of the car and brought their bags into the entrance hall. A sudden nausea hit Madylinn, so she ripped off her jacket and boots and ran off to the bathroom. The others watched her racing to the bathroom.

"Is she feeling sick and nauseous again?" Rick asked.

"We should call a doctor. That has been happening the last TEN YEARS!! I mean,... that can't be good."

"And she's been hiding that really well, but lately it was getting worse."

They agreed to take Madylinn to see a doctor in the next time. While Madylinn was in the bathroom, Evelyn wanted to learn more about Ahm Shere and the Bracelet of Anubis. She found an important book in her office and ran up the stairs.

"Rick, look at this! I think the bracelet is some sort of guide... to the lost oasis of Ahm Shere. We can be the first people there in thousands of years."

"Evy, I know what you're thinking... and the answer is no. We just got home and I'd like to stay at home for a week or two", Rick said.

"But Rick. That's the beauty of it. We're already packed. Ahm Shere is an important place in the middle of a desert."

"Why don't you just give me one good reason?"

"It's just an oasis... darling. A beautiful... exciting... romantic... oasis."

"The kind with the white and sandy beach and the palm trees... and the cool, clear blue water? We could have some of those big drinks with the little umbrellas."

"Sounds good", Evelyn mumbled dreamily.

"Sounds too good. What's the catch?"

"So, it's beautiful and wonderful. Right? There's nothing dangerous in Ahm Shere. Right? Okay it sounds too good. What's the catch?"

"Supposedly it is the resting place were the so called Anubis army is."

"You see? I knew there's a catch. There's always a catch."

"But they're dead, or asleep", Evelyn said.

"How did I know that? And let me guess. It was commanded by that Scorpion King guy? And, when are they going to wake up?" Rick asked.

"Yes but the story says he and this army awaken once every five thousand years, in the year of the Scorpion."

"And, when is that?"

"This year", Evelyn answered quietly.

"And if someone doesn't kill him, he's gonna wipe out the world."

"How did you know?"

"I didn't, but that's always the story. And this one is only a story too. I remember the it", Rick said.

"The Scorpion King and his soldiers are going to wake up. They're going to kill everybody and everything. Let's forget about the bracelet. Let's leave the Scorpion King and his soldiers in Ahm Shere. ...
The last known expedition to actually reach Ahm Shere... was sent by Ramses the Fourth over three thousand years ago. He sent over a thousand men."

"None of them was ever seen again."

"How did you know?"

"I didn't, but that's always the story."

"Did I mention the pyramid of gold?"

"Twice."

"Alexander the Great sent troops in search of it."