6

Two other persons watched the same picture in the pool.

Evelyn and Ardeth were in the balloon, but they too could see the fight between Ama-Nenet and Anck-su-namun. Evelyn woke up when Anck-su-namun and her own past life died. Ardeth saw the whole thing too and saw how Madylinn's past life died. He woke up after that. He was sad what he did to her. And he made a decision in his mind.
Like Rick suggested, he would take his advice and do what I want and not what my tribe wants.

'I'll have to speak with my mother about that since she is the only one who would encourage me', he thought.

Meanwhile Evelyn was afraid and told the story to Rick and Ardeth Bay.

"Rick, I was Nefertiri, one of the daughters of Pharaoh Seti the First. Madylinn was Ama-Nenet, she was a great fighter, and she guarded the Bracelet of Anubis."

"And now our son is wearing it! Evy, I know you haven't been yourself lately with these dreams and visions and Maddy too..."

"No they're memories from our previous life. Honestly, I'm not losing my mind. It all makes perfect sense now."

"That's why we found the bracelet?"

"Exactly. Like I said, Madylinn was its protector."

Ardeth looked at Rick.

"Now do you believe? You are a soldier for God. You will help many people. You will love and guard Nefertiri and her son. You were destined to protect this woman. That is your life."

"Right. Both of them are reincarnated princesses, and I'm a warrior of God?"

"Your son leads the way to Ahm Shere. This was all preordained thousands of years ago."

"And how does the story end?"

"Only the journey's written, not the destination."

"Convenient."

"How else do you explain your wife's visions? That it is your son who wears the bracelet? How do you explain your mark...?"

"Coincidence."

"Mr O'Connell... there is a fine line between coincidence and fate."

At the same time, Alex sat on the floor of the Temple of Karnak. He couldn't move because Lock-Nah guarded him and he was chained up on one ankle.

"Please, can I have some water?" Alex asked nicely.

Lock-Nah gave a cup of water to the boy.

"No ice?"

"When the time comes... I shall truly enjoy killing you. Make sure he doesn't move!"

Then he turned his back and walked. When Lock-Nah was gone, Alex quickly began building a little temple on the floor. Later that day, he left Karnak with Lock-Nah, Anck-su-namun, Imhotep and his aunt Madylinn. But his little Temple of Philae stayed there. Two hours later, the O'Connells, Jonathan, and Ardeth arrived at the Temple of Karnak.

"They're gone. They aren't here. We've lost them", Jonathan said sadly.

Suddenly Evelyn shouted:

"Rick! Come and see this!"

Everyone came running to her. She was standing near Alex' little sculpture of sand, with something in her hands.

"Alex left us his tie... and he made us a little sand castle. It's the Temple Island of Philae! Alex is giving us our map. They've gone to Philae."

"Attaboy, Alex. Come on!"

"Evy? What is that?"

Gabrien gestured to the clothes in Evelyn's hand and took them. His grip tightened and his face turned angry.

"This bastard! Im going to kill him. Come on, let's go!"

Gabrien stomped back to the balloon.

"What was that about?" Rick asked.

Evelyn turned to the three other men.

"Those clothes were the ones Madylinn had worn."

"What???!!!"

The three looked to Ardeth, who exclaimed that and looked angry now too.

"Woah, why do you care? You don't want her", Rick said.

"You're mistaken my friend. I thought about it and I realized that I would deserve it to be banned into hell. I will speak to my mother to break the marriage."

"Finally, you came to your senses. But we shouldn't waste time any more."

They returned to the balloon and followed Alex from Karnak to Philae and then-

"The great temple of Abu Simbel", Evelyn recognized Alex next sand sculpture.

-to the Temple of Abu Simbel.

Meanwhile with Madylinn

Madylinn's POV

We were riding on camels through the hot desert, barely taking a break, just to be there first. It got me nearly dehydrated. And Imothep used it as his advantage to bath with me in lakes every night. But I mostly avoided any attempts of him to make love. I didn't succeed every time, but just almost. When he asked what would be wrong, I told him, I was tired from the whole trip with the heat and the travel with only a few breaks that didn't last long. His answer to that was a calming bath together or just me laying naked next to him while he caressed and cherished my body. Even when I was sleeping.

The next day, we arrived at the blue Nile and I let the wind blow through my hair and the dress I was wearing.

Back to the O'Connell's

They followed the Nile River into the center of old Egypt.

"That's the blue Nile down there. We must be out of Egypt now. In ancient times, all this still belonged to the upper kingdom. The oasis must be around here somewhere."

"How can we find one small boy in this big country?" Evelyn asked.

"Don't worry. We'll find him. He's a smart kid. He'll leave us another building", Rick said.