Bella cleared her throat, her eyes growing blank as she reverted back to moments prior, "I was waiting for you by my truck, Edward had talked to me that day and walked me outside before I'd realized I needed to wait for you. I figured you'd come looking for me by the truck so I just waited. It was cold and looked like it was gonna rain again so I started fishing for my keys out of the front pocket of my backpack. When I went to look down I caught a glimpse of the parking lot, I could see Edward and his sister Alice were near their car all the way across from me. Alice was talking to him but I felt like his eyes were just looking at me when I managed to briefly catch him. I didn't want it to be even more awkward then it already so I pretended to be looking for the keys when screeching tires scared me. Everyone started to shout get out of the way just as the car rounded the corner at full speed, I didn't even realize it was coming for me until it was too late.

All I can remember thinking was I was gonna die and how stupid I was too not have moved away but it was like my legs weren't cooperating. They refused to move in immediate danger and so I just shut my eyes in the last moment when I felt an arm wrap around me, pulling me back and slamming my head into the truck. When I opened my eyes all I heard was steel crushing against something much stronger and Edward was there. His arm was holding me but I could only look at his extended hand because—"

"It had dented Tyler's van," Ray finished her story from his own visual aid, remembering every crease in the brief glimpse he'd also gotten. Edwards brief glance his way also came to mind but of course that wasn't the alarming part of the story. He finally looked back to a wide eyed Bella gawking at him as he swallowed thickly.

"You saw it too?"

He nodded his head, "yeah."

"What the hell is he?"

"Them." Ray corrected and when Bella only seemed to give him an incredulous look he cocked his brow. "Do you really think it's just him?"

Bella bit her bottom lip in agreement, "what do we do?"

"Bella! Ray!" Charlie Swans loud yells boomed all the way to their small room, both teens looking towards the window to find the top of their father's head frantically searching for them. Charlie turned towards one of the rooms and pointed a finger, "you can kiss your license goodbye!"

"Charlie! Don't be an asshole, you know very well the roads are slippery here." Marcus rebutted, "besides now is not the time. Let's find the kids in a calmer fashion."

Ray turned his head to his sister, "for now we pretend like it didn't happen and you got really lucky, then we do something."

Bella nodded her head and pulled her lips tighter as they patiently waited for their parents to appear.

|•|•|•|•|

"You called Renee!" Both step siblings yelled a little too loud at Charlie Swan. The Chief almost lost his response as he winced and nodded his head.

"Charlie man!" Raymond was a little less angry, actually amused was more his expression as he shook his head with slight humor.

Bella turned his way briefly when the sound of his brief laughs escaped him, shooting him a quick set of daggers that silenced him almost instantly and then her vision returned to her father. Ray took a step back and towards his own dad as he knew Charlie Swan was about to get an earful, the wrath of Bella Swan was something neither of the men wished to deal with. She was usually the last to pick a fight and it took a lot to push her over the edge but when Bella grew angry it was like hell.

"You good?" Marcus questioned to his son, eyes on the bandaged hand.

Ray lifted it up and wiggled his fingers to show it wasn't bad, "yeah fine. I'm actually hungry, mind if I go get something from the vending machines?"