Idek anymore

Ok I said these were short, but this story is long and I made it up myself and I'm proud. This is most likely going to be the last story in this book, but maybe not.

Ok the actual story begins:

The wind blowing autumn leaves into a clear river. A body on it. The scent of roses baked from being in the sun too long. The gravel crunching as somebody walks past a lonesome bench. A graveyard behind it. A child asking why they are putting daddy underground as the people around cry. You see, this day repeats itself over and over. It repeats every morning without fail in Kouki's mind. Kouki is now 18. He has short strawberry blonde hair, bright reddish brown eyes, a grey hoodie and jeans. Kouki gets his morning brew at the same café at the same time. He sits in the same seat, at the same tpby. le. He never speaks. He  isn't deaf. He is just silent. He then walks everyday at 8 am o'clock sharp to the graveyard to where his sister and mother lay. He sits on the same bench next to the tree beside their graves. Today, his sister would have been 16. No7body knows it, but he feels as if he was the one that caused their deaths to take place. When he was younger, his family used to be happy. Then his father developed a drinking problem. He was never in control of himself when he drank. He abused them all, and he abused Kouki the most. His mom left and took his sister with her. She didn't have enough money to bring Kouki with her. Then, when his father found out, he was furious. He tortured Kouki until he gave him the information where his mom and sister where staying. Each time he said he didn't know, his dad would beat him and then choke him. He had to give away where they were so he could live. His father went after them and shot them both three times in the chest. His sister was eight. He was ten. He never spoke again after that because he feared if he did, he would hear his dad's voice coming out of his mouth instead of his own. His dad moved somewhere else and he never saw him again.

"You know, you come here every day, order the same thing, sit in the same spot, and walk to the cemetery."

He looked up. Nobody spoke to him before. It was the same waitress that served him every day. She was seventeen years old. Her name? Kiou. She was in her waitress uniform, black hair with a tint of red with seawater-colored eyes.

"Don't you recognize me? I'm your waitress. I'm on break so I have to go back soon. What do you do here?"

Kouki shrugged. He wasn't used to people talking to him and he found it awkward.

"The usual silent treatment?"

Kouki's eyes widened as he flailed his arms in front of him as if to say 'no no no! I didn't mean it like that!'

She giggled. "What's your name?"

He looked away. He picked up a stick and drew in the dirt. Kouki.

She smiled. She got a stick too and wrote 'how is your day?'

He wrote back 'different now that you're here'

'Can you talk?'

'...yes....and no'

'Why not?'

'...'

"I see." Kiou smoothed out the ground so she could have more room to write.

'How old are you?'

'18' he wrote back.

'I'm 17'

He looked up at her. She smiled.

She wrote.

'I have to get back to work now that break is over. Meet you here tomorrow? Same time?'

'Yeah'

"Ok then." She smiled as she got up from the bench and waved goodbye.

Kouki felt his chest deflate as she left. He walked back home.