"Good riddance." I growl, slinging Betty back over my shoulder.

Bright morning sunlight illuminates the landscape, droplets of rain glimmering beautifully in the sunshine. The creeper soon disappears in a puff of smoke, being the last mobs of the hundreds we had faced to die out. The battle lasted through the night, as had the storm. But now, with morning sun peeking over the tall mountains of the Mesa biome, it almost serene. Well... Except for the pools of blood staining pretty much everything; The ground, armour, weapons, ourselves, and the ninety warriors standing opposite of us. At least ten of them had perished during the night.
Preston and Rob, who had both eventually passed out at some point during the night, lie on make shifts beds of hay, a few of the Knights tending to their horrible wounds, that would definitely leave scars. Mitch, Vikk, Lachlan, and I stand facing the rest of them, Mitch separated from us by s few steps, and the same with his dad, King Erak.

Tense silence hangs over everyone as we watch to see who will speak first. Mitch is glaring at his dad, breathing uneven and gripping at a slash on his upper forearm, on the brink of tears. Erak is staring back at Mitch, regret and sadness flashing in his eyes, lips pressed together in a tight line. And then after an eternity of waiting in anxious silence, Mitch finally opens the conversation.

"Wh-why...?" He croaks out, tears welling up. "Why are you here... After what you did...?"
"Mitchell, I..."
"NO!" Mitch snaps, fists clenched and jaw quivering. "I take it back! I know what you're doing! How funny is it that you just so happen to appear at the last moment, just when we were at our end, and then save us? You're just tricking us, I know it! Pretending to save the day, and then stabbing us when we aren't looking!" He accuses, tears starting to fall, voice pitched higher than usual.

Mitch glares daggers at his father for a few moment, many of the Royal Knights staring at him in shock, and looking to see Erak's reaction. Mitch hugs himself tightly, sobbing openly and tucking his head in, refusing to look st anything but the ground.

"Mitchell... I do not intend to harm you in any way... I never did...."
Mitch scoffs at this, seething at his father, "Yeah, then why did you order your men to kill us?!"
"Mitchell I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking when I did that-"
"LIAR!"
"-I was just so overwhelmed with the news, and so scared that, if you didn't come back, I'd lose you." Erak continues, ignoring Mitch's accusation. "My own fear for you, my own love for you clouded my mind, and I reasoned that, if you wouldn't join me, I'd save you the energy and dismay of when you did eventually die. The disappointment that, after working so hard, everything you'd work to achieve would be in vain. But now here you are, the six of you having already a managed to overcome two kingdoms. I regret my actions, and I promise to never act rashly like that again." Erak explains, voice cracking and tears starting to collect in his eyes.

Mitch doesn't respond, gazing at the ground, tears still dripping from his face.

"I don't want to lose you like I lost Clementine. I'm sorry Mitch... Please... Forgive me?" Erak begs, voice quiet, but firm.

Mitch glances back up at his father with a calculating gaze. Everyone, including myself, holds their breaths as we wait on Mitch's response. Will he accept the apology and forgive his father? Or will he deny it? I personally really hope forgives him. Erak seems sincere about his words.

A few minutes pass in silence, no one daring to make a move. Mitch continues to stare blankly at his father, tears still falling though not as fast. And then, finally, Mitch nods several times, fresh tears spilling from his eyes. He stumbles forward, running towards his father and leaping at him. Erak opens his arms in acceptance, the two embracing tightly for the first time in who knows how long. Mitch sobs happily into the fathers arms, Erak even shedding a few tears himself, a wide smile plastered on his face and he holds Mitch tightly. Joy erupts inside me, and I smile the widest I ever think I have in my life. And then, Lachlan cheers loudly, jumping up on the spot, and Vikk's begins to clap loudly.

Soon enough everyone, Vikk, Lachlan, me, and all the men and women standing opposite of us, we all break into cheers and hollers, applause filling the air.

"Oh man, too bad Preston and Rob couldn't see this!" I laugh, overjoyed at the sight in front of me.
     "I'm sure Mitch will gladly fill them in." Vikk giggles, hands clapping together loudly.

After a while, the whoops and applause dies down, and Mitch and his father pulling away from each other. Mitch looks beside himself with happiness, but then his face suddenly drops.

"But... Dad... I still have to conquer the Royal kingdom..." Mitch mumbles, glancing sadly at his dad. "And that means I have to challenge you and..." He trails off, seeming reluctant to say something.
But Erak only smiles wider, "Don't even think for a minute that is true!" He states, backing up and removing his helmet.

Mitch's eyes widen as he watches Erak's actions, along with everyone else as well. Everyone knows what's coming, and murmurs of excitement ripple through the crowd as Mitch watches on, wide eyed.

"Mitch, take your helmet off." I tell him, Mitch looking back quickly at me and nodding, removing his helmet.
"Mitchell Donnel Ralph Hughes, I now pronounce you, King."

And with that, Erak places his pronged diamond helmet on Mitch, bowing low to the ground. Everyone quickly follows the action, tears of joy rolling down Mitch's cheeks as I watch him smile the widest he ever has. After a moment, everyone stands up, another round of cheering and clapping filling the air.

"Now come!" Erak shouts above the crowd, voice loud and clear, "This calls for a celebration!"

~~~
Question of the chapter:

Reactions?

My answer: I thought it was ok XD