Chapter 30

BY THE WAY

I completely forgot to add in the last chapter that the Hidden kingdom is literally inside of a mountain in an extreme hills biome, hence the 'hidden'. Sorry about that 😖 I mean it's really not that important to the plot but... I might as well mention it lol

Also to make up for the wait, I'm making this chapter longer than usual :D

Warnings: None

~Vikk's P.O.V.~ yes, I know it's his P.O.V. Twice in a row

"We will be playing death swap, the winner gaining control over the kingdom. The rules are simple, put yourself into the most dangerous position possible, and then at random times every few minutes, we will be swapped using the only known command block in this world. We both start with nothing, and the first one to kill the other... Wins." Putting a video of youtubers playing death swap at the top in case you're interested.

     I gulp nervously, trying to mask the nervousness inside me with a blank expression. I've never heard of this 'game', but it doesn't sound too pleasant. Then again... I reason, I am the best assassin alive... Traps and stuff are right up my alley. I smile. Maybe this wont be so bad after all.

"I'd suggest you say your goodbyes now..." Hunter then says, interpreting my thoughts, "because they may be your last." He adds quickly, smiling in a way that is the exact opposite of friendly.

He steps back, gesturing to my friends with that same unsettling grin. I brush past him, choosing to ignore his attempts in intimidating me. But even with the confidence I hold, I still take my time in seeing everyone off properly... Just in case. Jerome speaks first.

"Vikk, do me a favour, and make that jerks death super painful. Painful, and slow. Maybe throw him to a pit of silverfish, or roast him over lava." He requests, flashing his teeth for a moment in a grin.
I chuckle lightly, "Just for you, Jerome."

Then Mitch takes Jerome's place, placing both hands firmly on my shoulders, and giving them a tight squeeze.

"Vikk, you tried to kill me like a month ago but, don't die, alright? If you can beat me then this guys got nothing on you." Mitch states confidently. Then, after a short pause, "Well, almost beat me."
"Oh shut up." I laugh, punching him playfully in the shoulder, to which he chuckles and grins.

Preston then pushes through the middle of Mitch and Jerome, skin glowing brightly in what I can only assume to be anxiousness or excitement. The three of us since at the slightly burning heat, reeling back a few steps.

"Watch the heat mate, or you'll kill be before he does!" I exclaim jokingly.
Preston skin instantly dulls. "Whoops, sorry. I swear my skin has a mind of its own sometimes." He fends, smiling sheepishly. "But seriously dude, that guy is one of the prickliest cactuses I've seen in my life. So on behalf of all of us, kick his sorry butt halfway to the Nether will you?"
I nod, "Don't worry, I'll make sure of it."
"Good."

Then Rob steps forward. He doesn't say anything. But rather, he lays one hand on my shoulder, and locks eyes with me. He holds the gaze for a moment, confidence and expectation yet also concern flashing in his eyes. And then he nods curtly, stepping back. The interaction speaks a thousand words, even with it being to simple and short. I nod back in respect, and then finally, Lachlan steps forward. Unlike the others, he wears a frown and there is worry written clearly on every inch of his face. He sighs, glancing at me with misty blue eyes.