Chapter 21

Warnings: None

~Mitch's P.O.V.~

     "I'm literally kicking myself right now. Like honestly I can't believe we did that." A voice groans.
     "To be fair, it was all really tense and fast paced, no wonder we forgot to put armour on..." A second voice reasons.
     "That's true but still. Mistakes like that are what causes death."
      "Jerome will you please shut the fudge up mate. I'm trying to heal you." A third voice sighs.

I groan weakly, the background banter doing nothing to help the splitting headache currently washing through me. I rub at my throbbing head, painstakingly pushing myself upright.

    "Hey guys, Mitch is up."

     Instantly four blurry figures are turning, and shifting to move around the bed I'm lying in. They soon take the shapes of Jerome, Rob, Preston, and Vikk, all with worry swimming in their eyes. I wince in pain as I slightly shift my leg, pain shooting up my spine.

"You okay Mitch?" Rob asks, resting a hand on my shoulder.
"I mean I'm alive, but my leg hurts like the Nether." I reply, hissing in pain as I adjust my legs.
"Here drink this, it's my second last one." Vikk offers, pulling out a healing potion and handing it to me.

I nod my thanks and pop off the cap, the pain instantly disappearing as the hot pink liquid slides down my throat.

"So where even are we?" I inquire, stashing the now empty bottle in my inventory. "Or a better question, what even happened? All I remember is Jerome shouting and then everything went black."
"Jerome saved your butt." Preston states bluntly, "A creeper swam up behind you and you passed out in deep water. Jerome dove to the bottom of the swamp, saved you from drowning, and dragged you back to the boats."
"We're crossed the ocean and now we're at the boarder of the plains, just before the desert." Jerome chimes in, trying to draw attention away from himself.
"Ah I see. That's the second time you've saved me now." I gratify, Jerome nodding and sheepishly smiling.
     "We've also restocked on food and supplies. So when you're ready, we can head out." Vikk adds, toying with one of his throwing stars.
     "Well I'm okay now, thanks to you guys." I report, pushing myself to my feet. "So let's go."

~~~

     The harsh sunlight beats down on us and we trudge through the scorching desert sand, sweat dripping down my entire body. All five of sum besides Preston, have shed our shirts and hoodies. But it's really not doing anything to help, us besides give us a nice tan. Preston isn't affected by the hot weather, seeing as he's literally made of lava. Jerome, on the other hand, looks about ready to pass out.

"Why does it have to be so dang hot..." Jerome mutters, wiping the sweat from his forehead.
"Well... Us being in a desert might be a start." Vikk points out, fanning himself with his hand.
"We need to find shade before any of us gets heat stroke." Rob decides, his back glistening with sweat,

We all mumble our agreements, tired and thirsty and bored. And in that moment, our prayers are answered as I just manage to pick out the triangular shape of a desert temple, off over the blistering horizon.

     "Look, there's a temple over there. There'll be some shade inside there for sure." I state, four pairs of eyes following my outstretched arm.
     "It's as good a place as any I suppose." Vikk shrugs.
     "Any maybe there's gonna be some loot in there too." Preston reminds us, eyes lighting up at the thought of treasure.