XV

Point of view... of who?

NEVER HAVE I EVER been mistaken. Ever. Everything has all gone to plan since day one. Ten years ago.

She's so clueless, it makes me laugh. She lets herself become naive and spills every little secret. She has had the most horrific past, oh sob sob, and she can't speak. Cry cry.

It's quite pathetic, just as my father has said to her little ear.

Ten years ago.

"You've let her in, you've slept with her, but you let her slip away. That easily? I didn't threaten you for nothing. Did I?" I say with a threatening step towards the quivering Quentin. Gag.

Quentin shakes, and his voice trembles as his eyes look at anything but me, "I-I'm so sorry... I'm sorry! I should've done better. I'll get her back for you. I'll make sure she gets what she deserves from hurting Tanner-"

"Don't say his name!" I scream, kicking him in the gut. He groans and leans forward, the cuffs behind him don't allow him to fall fully forward. He says nothing as he tries to catch his breath over his beaten body.

"I might as well just do this all for myself, shouldn't I? My Mother was right, men are useless," I flip my hair and sigh as I look around my shoulder. Case white cell is catchy. The police do well with case names, but horrible with investigations.

Silence goes over Quentin and me like a blanket. A hot, muggy, annoying blanket you'll kick around in every few seconds. I take my gun out of my holder and cock it. The empty room echoes the sound around the halls. Quentin whimpers and I grin as he shivers. I leave my hand limp at my side, for now.

"When will they start searching here." I ask calmly. I might already know, but Quentin might know more than me.

"T-they will leave in about ten days t-tops. O-on Lawrence's word." Quentin trips and stutters over his sentence and I chuckle, but scowl at the name of Lawrence. Who names their child Lawrence? It's a stupid name and it is withholding someone I despise and I hate it more.

"Great. Her old computer isn't a hard code, can get it in a few minutes tops. She never deletes her history of messages with Tanner. I'll get all the information I need." I start pacing, thinking of my plan in my head. I think I'll hire some goons to shoot the living hell out of Lawrence by making up a case. I think I'll also, oh just for fun, burn her body.

Quentin quivers and a tears hits the floor. He starts moaning grossly. He starts crying out for Lawrence. I giggle and bend down, petting his head.

"There there. You know, before you ever slipped into my hands, you were a nice guy. If you never associated with me in the first place, I would think you could have told Lawrence how much you loved her. Well, for shits and giggles, preferably mine, let me tell you a story about how, ten years ago, my dad killed Tanner accidentally, and I gave him horse pills, and how she was supposed to die. How she was supposed to die, I told him, "Daddy, you need to know something. There's this girl who stole my Tanner, and I want you to make sure she never meets him, or speaks with him, ever again. Don't hurt Tanner." I told him just that. What did he do? He did everything I told him not to do. I told him to kill her, but she lived. And so Daddy died." I laughed.

Quentin had stopped shaking, and he looks at me with anger in his eyes, and he makes sure I'm looking at him when he grins, "Lawrence didn't die because you were stupid. Too stupid to realize she's stronger than you. She could've been healthy, speaking, and with Tanner. But, you were an idiot. I'm glad she's alive, so she can end you-"