Chapter 11

Chapter 11

    During these past few days, Zach was nowhere around the school campus. He didn’t bother coming to biology class and to his other classes. The school has taken notice that Kent and I are already a couple. But still, girls are chasing after him especially when I’m not with him. Kent just politely declined them. As for me, I’m not insecure of Kent going out with other girls because I know that he likes me, not just because of his duty in this world. 

    Finally, the day I’ve been looking forward to has come. Tonight’s our date. Kent will come pick me up at six. The whole day I was at home relaxing but right now, I was freaking out. Only one hour left until six and I still haven’t chosen my outfit. Where could he be taking me? I texted him but he just kept on replying, “It’s a surprise!” This is so annoying. I took a hot shower and blow dried my hair and enhanced my curls by using the curling iron. Now is the time to pick my dress. I opened my closets and found a lot of shirts, jeans, and dresses. But it feels like I only have two or three outfits that are pretty. 

   A knock on my door came. Is that Kent? He’s way early. It’s still thirty minutes before six. Plus, I’m still not on my clothes. Grabbing my silk pink bathrobe, I went downstairs. I peeped through the door hole and found Bree’s silky blonde hair. Thank goodness it wasn’t Kent so I opened the door happily. 

   “’Sup babe, brought you clothes for ‘The Date,’” she waved three paper bags. All of the paper bags came from signature brands. 

    “Bree, you shouldn’t have,” I cried out. “I-I-I don’t know what to say.”

    “Just say thanks to me after your date has ended,” she winked.

    “Bree, I’ll pay you back after—”

    “No big deal! I’ve still got tons of money,” she laughed mischievously. “Now go get him, tiger!” She kissed me goodbye on my cheek and hopped on her hot pink Mustang. True, she came from a rich family and the only heir in their company but she can’t just waste money like it’s no big deal. Carther Swift, you have one crazy lovable best friend. I laughed at the thought when I carried the special paper bags to my room. As I opened the first one, I found a leather jacket and a satin top. Second, lace and cotton short were found. Lastly, leather shoeboots were also found. I texted a bunch of text messages to her saying thanks. They were all perfect when I wore them. Bree got my size right. 

    By the time I was all ready with my purse, the doorbell rang. Shuffling down the stairs, I quickly opened the door and found Kent. He’s dressed in a navy blue t-shirt with a jacket in his hand. His other hand in the pocket of his washed jeans and he wore sneakers. He looks so perfect though he didn’t change his hairstyle. Still the same old messy look hair I love. 

    “So, what do you think?” I twirled around to make him look at my outfit hoping he would find it nice. The reason I twirled is to break the silence between us. He’d been silent when I opened the door to meet him.

    “Hot, sexy, cute and beautiful,” he finally said. “I was speechless awhile ago, but you brought me back to life. You’re irresistible!” He hugged me and I felt his nose smell my neck.

    “I love your perfume,” he said as we both lean away. “C’mon! Let’s go to my car!”

    I skipped happily with him as he held my hand. His car was now replaced by a black and shiny Ford Explorer. How many cars does he own? He opened the door for me as I slid into the passenger seat. The next thing I know, we were cruising smoothly. All the while I’d been driving him crazy by asking him where he would be taking me. But he put me into silence by letting me listen to his playlist in his iPhone. Before he played it, he told me this, “Listen to the lyrics of the songs. Those are for you.”