Chapter 17

Noelle's point of view-

I patted the dirt of Mika's grave with the shovel, then placing some yellow flowers onto her grave.

Lizzie watched me through the window, I could feel her eyes beating onto me.

At the moment I was in no mood, I didn't even want to look at her.

My head filled with thoughts, Why did Mika have to go? It could have been me.

Shaking off the thoughts I walk inside and walk upstairs to my bedroom.
Hearing the door shut behind me I turn to face Daryl, he looked at me softly with his blue eyes.

"What's wrong? Nd' don't lie to me either." I herd him say, his voice sounded rough and tired.

I could feel Daryl still looking at me, like a knife was stabbing me in the back of the head. "Are you going to stand there all damn day?" I ask, my voice went from soft and trembling to anger and sadness.

He snorted, maybe a bit in laughter at my comment. "Are you going to be a bitch all day?" He said sarcastically, I turn to him looking him dead in the eye. "Shut the fuck up Daryl." I said turning my head back to my bag.

Daryl quickly turned me around and kept his hand on my shoulder, "What the hell do you want?" I say. I feel a sharp pain in my mouth, holding it I relies what Daryl had done. He smacked me. "What was that for?" I yell, still holding my mouth.

"Better watch your damn mouth," he yelled back, "I'm not one of the other group members downstairs, I am-"

I quickly cut him off, "You're what? You're not my fucking father!" I yelled.

Daryl put his hand on my shoulder, I shrugged him off. "Listen I may not be your father but, to me, your my own. You don't have to call me dad, but you are like my daughter." I herd his voice go soft.

I nodded and walked out the door, rolling my eyes as I was out of his sight.

He is not my fucking father, and he never will be.

Carl gave me a smile as I stepped down the last step, I ignored him and walked outside slamming the door behind me.

I herd the door close softly behind me, and the soft sound of footsteps. Knowing it was Carl I stopped and turn to face him. "What the hell do you want?" I ask, he quickly looked at his boots and stopped walking.

The anger must have shown on my face, I noticed Carl looking at me with a worried expression. Ignoring him I turn and walk off through the field, I herd carls soft footsteps behind me.

Why can't he just leave me the hell alone.

"What the fuck do you want Carl?" I yell quickly turning to look at his soft blue eyes.

"Listen, I know your upset I am too, hell, everyone is. But you don't have to take it out on everyone else!" He says, almost like he was softly yelling.

"I'm not, I'm not upset! She was just a child, not that big of a deal! Everyone we know is dead so why not start with her too?" I yell, I knew I didn't mean what I said. But the anger was talking.

Carls face quickly went red, not like he was blushing but it was anger. I noticed his eyes began tearing up and I couldn't help but laugh. "Oh come on! Are you going to fucking cry now? Wow." I teased.

He shook his head, "You can be a real bitch you know." He said before storming off to the house.

I laughed and continued walking to the railroad tracks.

The words I said earlier to Daryl rang through my head,

'You're what? You're not my fucking father!'

I had lied to myself, Daryl was like my father.. The father I never had.