Chapter 43

Small announcement before the chapter starts. I will be trying to post at least once or twice a week now, since school has started for me and it's very important for me to make good grades.

That's all, so enjoy the chapter!

-------

- 3 weeks later -

Noelle's point of view-

I carry Heidi slowly up the stair's, she had fallen asleep on my lap while I was reading to her. I open the bedroom door and lay her on the bed, covering her up with a blanket and smiling slightly.

She mumbled something softly in her sleep, but I couldn't hear what she said exactly.

I take my machete and lay it on the nightstand and lay down on the couch.

Letting out a sigh and closing my eyes.

I hear the door slowly creak open and I peek open my eye, to see Carl making his way to the couch.

I open my eyes and look at him,

"What are you doing?" I whisper to him.

"I just came to see you...and talk...if you want to." He whispers back.

I shrug and sit up, letting him sit beside me.

"How's Heidi doing?" He asks and looks at her.

I nod, "she's doing fine."

"Good." He whispers, "Noelle can I ask you a question?"

"Sure.." I whisper and look into his blue eyes.

"What was your life like before this shit went down?"

My eyes widen, "well..." I sigh and look down, "why do you want to know"

"I-I just wanted to know...t-that's all."

"My life was weird, nothing really important." I say.

"Oh...." He says and looks down, "sorry."

"It's fine. Can we talk tomorrow? I'm tired..." I say and look at him.

"Y-yeah." He says and stands up.

"Carl." I say quietly.

"Yeah?" He says and looks at me.

I stand up and kiss him quickly, "night."

"Goodnight." He smiles and walks out, shutting the door behind him.

I lay down and close my eyes.

Falling asleep in less than 10 minutes.

- next morning -

I carry two buckets of water back to the house, Carl sat on the porch keeping watch with his Father.

Daryl followed beside me, carrying water as well.

He's been watching me closer than ever, and it's getting annoying.

I know he's just trying to watch over me, but damn.

It's like he's my dad or something, which he's not.

My father is dead, from what I know. He's dead.

"Let's get these to the group and then Rick needs us for a meeting I guess." Daryl says.

I nod and walk into the house, setting the buckets onto the table, and so does Daryl.

Rick motions us back onto the porch. I see he had his map out again, which only means two things.

We are either going on a run or....moving again.