Chapter 66: What is this?

Chapter 66

-Katniss-

Marcus house.

I can't believe it.

They took Finn?

I walk into the garden and towards the house.

I don't make any sounds. I'm soundless. Thank god, I wanna try to get in without anyone hearing me.

I see an open window and I'm aiming for that.

I'm feeling afraid. What if I'm gonna see something I really don't want to see? Maybe Finn is not there. Or maybe he is. Maybe he's dead. Like Stella!

No! No Katniss! Don't think like that! I think to myself. You can't think like that! Finn needs you right now.

I continue to walk. It's not such a long walk obviously, but I'm walking really slow... Or should I say, I'm sneaking very slow.

But then I walk over some leaves and it rustle a little.

I jump and dive under the window. I hear footsteps and someone walking towards the window I'm under.

"What was that?" I hear a rough mans voice, and my heart stops in my throat, what if he sees me?

I breath very hard, it hurts in my throat and I think I'll faint out of the lack of air in my lungs, because partly I hold my breath, so he won't hear me.

That don't sound like Marcus though. Is it he's father maybe?

"I don't know, but are we gonna do this or not? This thing is really annoying, it's time to get rid of him!" I hear a woman's voice.

What? Who's that? Marcus mom? I don't get this. Get rid of Finn? They mean kill him? Did they kill Stella? Did they really?

"Yeah let's do this now!"

No what? Kill Finn? Now? No!

I hear footsteps and I can't hear the voices anymore. Did they really mean they're going to kill Finn right now?

I sneak up with my head to see if I can sneak in and I can.

I hurry to climb in through the window and I jump soundless down at the floor.

The house looks like any other houses, with furnitures and stuff. A sofa, a TV. Dinner table, coffee table, etc. Just by the look of this, one could not think that this is the house of murderers.

I sneak into the house.

I hear voices. One strong male voice, one hard female voice and one young male voice. I guess the last one is Marcus.

I sneak up the stairs and the voices becalmed clearer.

"So you're the once that killed Stella?!" I hear the familiar voice of Marcus ask, and I hear that he cries.

"Yes and get over it!" The female voice says, and then I hear a slap.

Did she just hit Marcus?

I sneak closer.

"We had no choice Marcus so man up will yah?!" He's father says.

"Why did you? I loved her with all my heart, and I still do, I can't stand to be without her, she was the only one who really cared for me, because you two sure don't, the only thing you do is criticise me, or hit me or pretend to be good parents whenever someone is around! And then you took away what really matters to me, Stella!"

So ... He really did care for Stella, he had nothing to do with this at all? They hit him. I have to admit that they seemed really nice when I met them, and they were so supportive at the funeral.