|10|Love Doctor

3am, yo I'm texting you once again
Even though I'm hanging with my friends
I can't help it, I can't help myself, no
3am, I might be looking for a late night friend
♥♥♥

THE DAY MOVED FASTER, AND before I realized I was already prepped for fourth period. I padded into my next class, wishing again I had the same class with Penny.

My face turned white when she had chemistry on her schedule and I had algebra. So far she was the only friend I had and I was planning on sticking to her like glue.

Carrying a few books and a pen case, I entered the classroom. My eyes growing wearier as I noticed not even a single chair was unoccupied. Can someone just shoot me now?

I spotted an empty chair at the back. I could almost hear myself singing a victory song in my head. I walked to the chair and sat on it, resting my books on the steady desk table.

"Algebra, hmm, now let's see what we have here." I flipped through a couple of pages of my textbook. I was too engrossed that I failed to notice the sudden throes of silence wounding through the mildly furnished classroom. I felt my breath stop as I lifted my eyes to the shadow looming over my head like dark clouds.

Barbie? I blinked, looking over my glasses.

"Do you mind?" Brianna said, crossing her arms.

I blinked again not getting what she meant. Why was she even speaking to me. "I'm not sure I get what you mean," I sat up, nervously clasping my palms together.

Brianna had two loyal servants, a ginger head and a slutty bimbo, flanged at each side. She scoffed, blowing subtle air over her ink stained fingers. "Do you mind?" she repeated.

"That's Spanish for get out of her seat pigtails," The redheaded bimbo beside her did the honors by speaking on her behalf.

I dropped the pen I was holding. My mouth hanged open for a few seconds, I quickly closed it, consciously aware of the trio still staring.

Brianna chuckled, "You heard her." With slightly shaky hands, I picked my books and silently walked away, dazed and shocked. Shocked because I couldn't defend myself. Situations like this always me left speechless.

"Hey scholarship kid!" Brianna yelled, I turned to face her.

How the hell did she know I was a scholarship kid. News really traveled fast around here.

"You dropped this," She threw my pen at me. Unfortunately I missed and it landed right on my forehead.

"Thanks," I retrieved my ball headed pen from the floor. I scanned the roomfilled class, ignoring the unkind whispers and gossipy words the air carried to my perked up ears.

I was a scholarship kid and so what? In Newton prep you either had to pay your way in or learn your way in. I worked hard to get here so nothing the privileged rich brats said was ever going to bring me now.

Now what will gran-gran say in a situation like this, "Show them you've got the brains their lacking Lisa," Yes, she would definitely say that. Grandma was my personal cheerleader and in circumstances like this, I relived most of her encouraging words.

"Hey! Hey you!" I tilted my head to the sound.

"This seat is not taken," I walked to the empty desk by a mocha skinned girl. Her long raven hair was almost sweeping the floor. "I'm Sally, and this is Shane," she giggled, "my boyfriend. Sally and Shane, Shane and Sally." She slapped the back of the bespectacled boy sitting in front of her.