|08|Certified Climber

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose  

♥♥♥  

My eyes widened, "Join you what into what?"

She clenched her teeth, "You heard me. If you're not cool with it, that will be a relief because I'm not exactly looking forward to sneaking into school with you,"

So in a matter of a few minutes we both wounded up climbing the brick walls of Newton Prep. My counterpart was a gifted climber, I was very sure she'd been doing this all her life cos she almost looked like a pro. I for one was no climber, I literally kept screaming my head off. I lost count of the number of times she shushed me up with a death glare.

She made a face as I finally got off the wall, "You're so unbearable,"

I hurried after her. My pits wanted to be rid of the sweat it swarm in. I needed a relaxing bubble bath.

"Miss Winters is in charge of the scholarship students. She will know what to do with you," I stared at the apartment complex we were now standing in front of. She turned to leave. 

What was I supposed to say to Mrs Winters? That my luggage got stolen by one of the students. It sounded stupid in my own ears. "I didn't get your name," I shouted after the girl.

She stopped, "Don't even think this little experience will ever make us friends. You don't know me, I don't know you. Got it?"

I nodded begrudgingly, and took my eyes off her to the mahogany door.Just staring at it gave me major creeps. Whoever Mrs Winters was, I was really hoping for a less mean person. One who wouldn't ask me to get my head out of my whinny ass while climbing a wall higher than mount everest.

Mrs Winters turned out be more snakier than I'd thought. She angrily demanded why I stood at her doorstep in the middle of the night when I was supposed to be asleep like the rest of the students. I told her my sob story and half expected her to sympathize with me but instead, she shimmied into her night robe and showed me to my dorm, snapping at me any least chance she got.

The dormitory stood overhead, awash in hushed silence. Our soft footsteps on the lush greens being the only thing interrupting the night's peace. She led me through the dark into the dormirtory. It looked like pretty much everyone took lights out seriously. I was aptly sure we were still cruising around 11pm. I would have been binge watching movies on netflix if I was at home.

She paused in front of room which was so tiny I bet I could fit it into my pocket, "This is your room. Your uniforms will be delivered early tomorrow morning. So I expect you to be well dressed and more punctual next time," I slowly nodded, my eyes lowered to floor.

 "I hope this is the last time something like this happens Miss McDermott,"

I looked away shyly, it wasn't my fault my luggage got stolen. And it was definitely not my fault I arrived late. "Yes ma'am."

"It's Mrs Winters to you. Now go wash up and have some sleep." She replied snarkily, and walked out of the dormitory. 

I entered the rabbit hole once she was out of sight, taking time to throw my eyes around my surroundings. I stretched my hands, whilst stifling a yawn. Soft snoring sounds attacked my ears, and I'd no doubt it was my roommate. It would be great to befriend an outgoing person for a change. I threw my backpack on the cold floor and lazily fell unto one of the bunk beds. I was too tired to think of what further laid in wait for me, so I allowed the slow whirring sounds of the cool breeze lull me to sleep.