Chapter forty five

Start from the beginning

Dante's facial expression was priceless.

Dante's face was twisted with surprise as he glared wide-eyed at Tony who was in hysterics. Fabio looks back and forth at us before he set his gaze on me with amusement written all over his face.

The fact that Dante's face was hilarious at Tony's comment, I couldn't help but snigger. I covered my face when Dante looked back at me with surprise still stirring in his eyes.

After a few hours of waiting back at the hospital, the doctors had finally given us the permission to meet Mia who was still apparently unconscious. Right now, we all walked into her room to find her spontaneously awake.

My heart hammered against my chest when she turned her gaze to us as we entered the room; she was in a very bad state.

My heart was in my throat when we reached her and that was when I was able to see how bad her state was; it seemed as though she was going to die.

"Mia..." I whisper as my shaky hand reaches her arm, once my fingers run along her skin she flinches away. She immediately sets her frantic gaze on her left where I was standing but when she recognised me, she eased to my touch. "I'm so glad you're awake."

Mia didn't really say anything but just clawed my wrists. I watch her with anxiously as I wondered what would've precipitate this kind of frantic behaviour; it was like as if Mia was cautious, or in other other words she was trying to hide away from something.

"Dante," I call out and as soon as I looked over my shoulder, all three boys turned their attention on me. "can I speak to Mia alone?"

Both Fabio and Tony watched me with approval before they set their sorrows down and glanced at Mia who was obviously suffering however, Dante didn't give me the approval. It seemed as though he wanted to stay here when really, that is unnecessary.

"Please?"

Once I gave Dante a pleading look, he set his concerned gaze on Mia who turned away and then nodded his head at me for the final approval. Once all three men left, I grabbed a stool and sat next to the bed where Mia was laying on. I take her hand in mine again and clutch it, giving it a reassuring squeeze hoping that she would talk to em today. Once Mia turned her gaze back on me, she began to sob.

"Oh..Mia. Mia, what's the matter? Are you in pain?" I rub her hand and frown, "Come on Mia, you can tell me."

"I know who did this," She said and my eyes widened at her revelation, "and..and I can't believe he did this... I thought he loved me."

Although Mia had not yet given me the name of this culprit, I instantly knew it was the man she was talking about the other day but for some reason, I felt an eerie shiver run up my spine. I had no idea why I felt like that but my subconscious at the back of my mind was give me a lot that it may be someone in particular that did this, and I was scared to death.

Was Antonio her love interest?

God No.

"Mia... you have to tell me who did this. If you don't tell me, any one of us could be next or you may get hurt again." I convinced her and the more I did, she sobbed again as she clutched onto my hand.

"I can't..." she whispered, "they're gonna kill him. I don't want him to die Adriana, I love him.."

"What is his name, Mia?"

"Lu... Luca Bianchi. His name is Luca Bianchi."

***