Chapter 8

"Where are your friends?" Mom asked while I was eating lunch. I tried avoiding my parents all morning like I was upset. They were leaving in a few hours. I shrugged, " Probably getting ready to go to the fair. I don't know." They took a deep breathe and spoke again, " Well, Molly. You can get rid of that attitude because after all-" I interrupted her " it's all my fault. I get it. Just because I know it's my fault doesn't mean I can't be upset about it." I got up and put my plate in the sink and walked to my room. It's 5:30 so I have a few hours to get ready.
I decided to wear black jeans with my dark green shirt. I packed a black jacket just in case. This is probably the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. I can even feel my adrenaline running. I looked down my window, it's not that high. When I was little I always thought it was really high and scary, but when I try to get down I can use the tree as support but Stephen, Anna, and Alex will be there. While looking down, I imagined myself doing it. Wow, I can't even do a backflip so... " Molly, we are leaving in 30 minutes. Will you be okay?" Dad asked me while poking his head through the door. Of course I will, I will be "alone" all night. " Yeah, I could start reading my book before school starts." It's true. I have to read but i won't start now. He nodded and walked out.
" YAY!" I jumped away from my window as Matthew screamed and ran out of my room. That little brat! But I shouldn't be mad, I'm still going. Sure I can be in huge trouble, but they should've had mercy. No, what am I talking about! I can't do this! It's not too late to back out now, is it? I'm just going to wait a few minutes until I feel like I can breathe. I pulled out my book and sat in my bed. I didn't really read though.
"We are leaving now! We'll be back in a few hours." Mom called out then I heard the door shut. I quickly called Alex to tell her. " They just left. But I haven't changed. Yeah-" I thought I was alone, " Molly who are you talking to?" Mom looked confused. I panicked, I'm already caught and I haven't been out yet. I turned around and opened my book carefully," I'm just reading aloud. Then I won't feel alone." I probably looked insane saying that... she nodded and walked out. The door slammed shut again but I got up and checked just in case. I watched as they pulled out of the driveway. Then I ran and quickly changed. I called Alex again since she hung up on me.
" Okay, we are on our way to your house." She said as I heard familiar voices. I looked down my window and saw them walking. I was surprised to see 5 people instead of 3, until I realized Chase and Lucas were there too. Why did Chase have to come... But, thinking about it now, what do I have against Chase? I can't even remember how I started getting the feelings for him. Oh wait, the look he gave me. That was only one time so I'm going to try to be nice to him, maybe he was having a bad day?
  I opened my window and grabbed on to the strongest looking branch. " Please be careful..." Anna looked like she was about to faint, I don't usually do things like this. It's new to all of us. I attempted to climb down, but my foot slipped and I felt my self fall. My reflexes acted quickly and my arms were hugging one of the branches that weren't as strong as the others... I heard it snap and I fell on my back. Thankfully, I wasn't that far from the ground but that didn't stop the pain. " Oh my god! Molly! Are you okay?!" Anna ran to me while yelling. I tried to get up with help from Anna. My back still hurt but I'm used to it. I always hurt myself, nothing new. I looked at the rest and Lucas was shocked, " Right when I feel like I know you, you do something insane. Who are you?" I just laughed and looked at Chase, who of course shook his head. " Couldn't you just use the front door since your parents aren't home?" There we go again... " What fun would that be?" I asked him brushing the leaves off myself. He took a deep breathe, " You nearly broke your back, is that what you all fun?" I could do this all day if I had the time. I crossed my arms over my chest, " No one questions Santa Clause. If he came through doors like a normal human, he wouldn't be as exciting!" He smirked, " I get it. You're not a normal human being." He is seriously testing me, I have the best comebacks stored for situations like these. " Nope! Not if you are." I said trying to look calm, which annoyed him.
   " Why do you guys keep arguing? It's all you do!" Stephen yelled. I opened my mouth to say something when Alex and Anna dragged me away. I know I said I'd give him a chance but he started this one. I don't know why I love arguing with him, it's just so fun to see him so annoyed. I think I know how Matthew feels right now. We walked to the fair while keeping an open for my parents and Matthew. I would be dead if they found me.