Chapter 4

"Come on! Wake up! You've got some work to do." I jumped out of my bed, startled at the scream. Bad idea. I got super dizzy and felt like I was going to throw up. It was 10:30am, that's too early! I looked at mom and she held a paper. Ooh, maybe fun things to do today. "What was that for?" I rubbed my eyes. "If you want to go to the fair, you have to do chores. Matthew is already awake." she said looking excited. Of course she's excited, she doesn't have to do all that work. To be fair, I do help mom around the house all the time. It's Matthew that doesn't bother to help. So the list isn't for fun, too good to be true right?

I walked to the bathroom and took a shower. Showers are one of the things I enjoy most, it's just my "Me Time". No one will come in, my phone is out of reach, and I don't have things to do at that moment but clean myself. After I got out, I saw the paper on my desk. I was not happy with what I saw..

   For today! That's too much! Plus, it would take me ages to finish

For today! That's too much! Plus, it would take me ages to finish. Now, Matthew has an advantage. He has to vacuum, clean windows, fix beds (only 3) and throw out the trash. I have to clean the bathrooms, that's disgusting, do the laundry, mop, and do the dishes that will not end. Why did I even shower? I'm going to be all gross.

I grunted as I walked downstairs. I was going to do the laundry first, then I can clean the bathroom because cleaning the bathroom then laundry isn't a good idea. Well, at least in "Molly Logic". Then I will mop and do the dishes last because it will keep going. When I was done with the laundry it was 11:40am, so I can still finish before the day is over. I checked on Matthew and he was actually cleaning the windows. This moment would be enjoyable but I have a lot to do.

"What do you have left Matthew?" I asked curiously, if he is going in order then he has to do the beds and throw out the garbage. " I just have to vacuum" he shrugged, What?! That's not fair, how is he finished so quick. Mom read my mind and said " He woke up earlier than you, remember?" Okay. We all know that is not the case. "You gave him easier things to do. I have to clean the freaking bathrooms! That will take ages!" and I was yelling now...Hopefully, mom wont make me do more after that outburst. "Then you better get started." and she walked off.

It was 7:30 when I finally finished all of it. I took another shower and used this "Me Time" to mumble and complain about how awful this day has been. After I was done I checked my phone. I got a lot of texts that added up to 250 texts! Yeah, I know.. I'm pretty amazing. Just kidding, it's from a group chat with Anna, Alex, and Stephen. But Stephen barely participates in it, he is just kinda there. The conversation was between Anna and Alex talking about how my life must suck. Yep, they're right. I'm relieved though, I finished today! But, I have tomorrow and there is no way I'm going to be able to go to the fair without Matthew joining in...

I'm scared to see what I have to do tomorrow if today was this bad. Matthew didn't even have to do anything so that doesn't count! I decided to text the group " I'm still alive, not sure about tomorrow." Since they were obviously super worried about my well-being in this difficult time... I don't know what that was about.