Chapter 2

After sometime, we went to Bean's, a café most teens like to go. And no, Matthew did not tag along. We met Stephen there, who was sitting with 2 guys I've never talked to. I hesitated to go over, I'm so awkward and will do something stupid. These people who are my friends are crazier than me, considering they are, well, my friends. But, I'm thankful. Apparently, I'm an adorable type of awkward.

   I noticed Alex and Anna walking over without hesitation, so I quickly walked to another table. I sat there and watched as my two friends walked off. I can't wit to see their faces. A few seconds later,they came back with relieved faces, "What's wrong with you!?" Alex pretended to wipe sweat. I shrugged and looked over at Stephen and the two guys, they were looking at me! Anna sighed and made me get up. Well, II've done it. 

   The two guys looked at each other, then back at each other giving confused looks. "I saw a piece of dust." I shrugged as if it was a normal thing to say. I cringed so badly and tried to conceal it... don't feel it, don't let them know, well, now they know how awkward I am so I can't just let it go... Ok, I have to admit, that was even worse. Back to the topic. How the heck did that happen! NO! "I mean, like a dust bunny! You know bunnies, I love bunnies! Oh, actually, my bunny slippers had dust on them the other. Heh, get it? Dust bunny." The guy with brown hair, brown eyes and a piercing gave me a horrified look. The guy next to him with a light brownish hair color and blue eyes looked unimpressed. "Geez, does she always do that?" Excuse me? No I do not... well at least I hope so. Stephen was already laughing. He had curly blonde hair and brown eyes, which many girls went for. Some kids just make up dumb trends that I don't understand. One day, they are going to say " Anyone who picks their nose and eats their boogers is so hottttttt", gross thought, I know. 

   Stephen finally spoke, " This is Lucas," he pointed to the guy who gave me the horrified look earlier, " and this is Chase." He pointed to the unimpressed jerk, Stephen moved on to us. "Alex, Anna, and Molly." He pointed to each of us while calling are names. Alex gasped, " you better introduce us the right way!" She needs to chill... Stephen started over, but got up this time. He stood behind Alex and put his hands on her head," This is my friend, the sweet, beautiful, and feisty Alex." Oh god... he's going to embarrass me! "That's Queen Alex. You haven't gotten the privilege to call me Alex. Bow down peasant!" Stephen ignored her and moved on to Anna, "This is Anna and she has braces.". Like that was necessary. Then, he walked over to me with a huge smile. "Finally, this is Molly! She is innocent and an adorable awkward, as you just saw a few minutes ago." I'm not an animal in a cage! He sat down and motioned for us to sit.

   I felt so awkward. Our table was set up like this:

So, I had no way to reach Anna and Alex without screaming over the table

   "So, Molly? Are you going to the fair?" Lucas finally made an effort to talk to me, I think I will get along with him just fine. " Yeah, hopefully. Are you?" Remembering what happened at home made me feel bad again. He nodded and smiled. I started to feel comfortable with him and I found myself talking to him about so much things and he was interested, at least, he looked like he was. " Talking about dust bunnies?" Chase looked at me with a smirk, so he smiles? This boy... "No, but I can if you want I can. But do you know that the average person creates about 1/3 ounce of dead skin each week? They combine and make dust." I smiled innocently at him. First, I saw a look of disgust, but it quickly went away and was replaced with a glare. Which was probably by the way I smiled. I glared back at him. " What is up with you two?" Lucas sighed. I shrugged, " I'm going to get a drink." I got up and walked away without looking back.

   "You okay?" Mason asked as he took my order. He's close to my age. He is 19 and I'm 17. "Psshh! Sure." I mumbled. I remember how we became friends, I complimented his eyes and said that they worked really well with his hair color. "What happened?" And I told him only what happened at the table, I usually tell him everything but he is working. He shook his head, "Well, my break is in a few minutes. I could sit with you." I nodded and took my drink. He's like a brother, he always has my back. So before you guys start to say anything, no. But, Alex thinks he is cute and tried to get me to hook her up. I didn't because of many reasons that I will keep to myself. 

   I walked back to my table and said, "I'm going to sit with Mason, so don't worry about me and don't come looking for me." I emphasized the last part so Alex would get the hint. I had to tell him what happened and I did't need Alex to be all dramatic. I walked off to a table farthest from them where they would not see or hear me.