Chapter 7

I found out that Matthew and my parents were leaving at 7 and coming back at 9 . It would be easier for me to sneak out at night, right? I quickly told Alex and put my phone away. I decided to watch something since I'm not brave enough to get out of my room. With my luck, none of my parents came in until it was time for me to sleep.
" Molly?" Mom opened the door looking a bit upset, which made me feel awful. I put my laptop away and nodded. She sat next to me and took a deep breathe. " You don't know how much it kills me that you won't go to the fair. I know that you have been excited to go and the whole chore thing was because of Matthew. It doesn't make since that you wouldn't go, but you did it to yourself." I understood, I'm the one who wanted to go and Matthew made it difficult for me so I had to work for it. I decided to be stupid and let my logic get to me. " Well, can't you just cancel the punishment. Maybe make me do something else?" I had a little hope left. Then she shook her head, " Remember, I'm not the one who made the decision. I can talk to him about it but then I wouldn't be doing the right thing. You need to learn that you can't behave this way in the real world. Think of this. Let's say you committed a crime, maybe to you it's not even a big deal but in reality it is. Like speeding, it may not seem bad but there are consequences. You are put in jail and you can't just say, ' can you cancel the punishment?' . You will have to deal with it." I'm kinda offended with the way she she pretended to be me, I don't sound like a chipmunk! But, I guess I will be escaping jail. But she doesn't have to know that.
I nodded and she kissed me on the forehead. A few minutes later dad came in and kissed me goodnight, I know what he means. He's not in the mood to lecture so he just left it at that. Now I feel guilty. They are trying to be good parents and I'm betraying them. They also trust me enough to let me stay home, and I'm going to sneak out. Cinderella with three people who bossed her around and she sort of rebelled and went out. But, why should I rebel when they treat me right. I decided to go to sleep before I tell my parents about my plan. But it was harder than I thought.