18: Sweet

After the incident with the mirror, Taehyung secluded himself to his journal, where he wrote new pages of his love story with Krystal, a human girl and his first love. It had started out sweet and full of happiness, but Chanyeol, the angel of Chastity forbade the relationship because she was already a promised woman. Her father had promised her off to a lord, but Taehyung took her virginity to claim her as his. Chanyeol, furious with the fact Taehyung had disobeyed his orders, told her father about Krystal being the lover of the Devil.

Krystal's father was furious and declared her a witch. She was killed by sword and left Taehyung devastated. In a fit of rage, he killed her entire village and severely injured Chanyeol, dragging him down to Hell and developing the plan every villain had failed: infiltrate Heaven and make it fall. He took Chanyeol's place as the new Angel of Chastity, claiming the angel was dead and slowly manipulated the virtues in sinning.

They all fell, but it wasn't enough. The wounds still fresh on his heart, the darkness inside beckoned to him to destroy Heaven and make them pay for they did to Krystal. Now here he was, out again for angel blood.

'If eyes were the windows to the soul, your eyes were like the stars. They were bright and full of light, and they hypnotized me, keeping me trapped in your spell forever.'

He growled as he pulled the quill away from the paper sharply. What was he doing? He was only fueling his emotions and making himself weaker. Taehyung put away the book and left the library.

He needed a place where he could vent out his emotions. He needed her.

"V, please..."

No, he couldn't let his desire consume him.

"You don't want me..."

Why he couldn't he resist her?

"Why me when you could anyone else?"

His eyes turned dark blue as he stopped.

"Aurora..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hopefully this works. I will find out what happened you, Father."

Aurora looked at the green liquid in the tube in apprehension. After V had mentioned her father, she suddenly got the idea to go find out exactly what had happened to Cassiel. She sighed before remembering what Seokjin had warned her in the past.

"Careful Aurora, this potion can transport you back to the past, but with a price. What you've done in the past will now become history."

She tipped the tube's contents down her throat and swallowed. Suddenly, she felt dizzy and collapsed onto the bed, her body limp. Aurora had unknowingly left the door opened and Nayeon had come in to deliver the angel her lunch.

"Mistress, I have your- Oh my goodness!"

The tray dropped from Nayeon's hands and the maid rushed over to the unconscious girl. She shook the girl, but no response came.

"Mistress! Mistress Aurora!" She exclaimed, but Aurora didn't make a move. Nayeon rested her fingertips against her neck and sighed in relief. She was still alive. Nayeon gently set her down before going off to go get Mark, unaware of the small glass tube lying by the angel's hand.

What she saw was fuzzy at first, before her vision cleared and she saw treetops above her. She was in a forest. She got up and looked around.

"Is this... Earth?"

She saw a clearing a few feet away and started to walked towards it. She heard laughter and immediately hid behind a tree. She slowly peeked her head out to see a couple running through a meadow and laughing. The woman was beautiful, with wavy, dark brown hair and bright brown eyes. The man was handsome, with blonde hair and brown eyes, looking just like-

"V..." She whispered. It was indeed the Devil himself, but he looked so much more happier and innocent.

"Come and catch me!"

The woman ran, her dress flowing behind her as V ran after her, laughing. He finally caught her, wrapping his arms around her.

"Gotcha~" He sang, smiling with a strange box shaped smile Aurora never seen on him before. The woman turned him around and the two kissed, looking happy with their lives.

"Wait... I don't think this is my past, it's V's!"

V and the woman pulled away as he stroked her cheek.

"I love you, Krystal..."

Krystal... that was the name of the woman from the book! Does that mean, that V wrote the book?!

Questions swirled in Aurora's head as the two headed off somewhere else, leaving her in the woods. She became dizzy again, her vision blurring as she held her head. She fell to her knees as her dizziness cut off her contact with her other senses. When she returned back, she was in a village, underneath a window.

She peeked her head up and watched through the window. It was Krystal, and she was talking a familiar angel. He had scarlet red hair with fair skin and deep brown eyes.

Chanyeol? I thought you were dead..."

"You can't keep this affair going, Krystal. You're promised to someone else." Chanyeol said sternly. Krystal shook her head as she crossed her arms stubbornly.

"Chanyeol, I love him. You can't change that."

Chanyeol shook his head as he said, "Krystal, I'm doing this for your own good. If your father finds out, I can't control what he'll do."

Krystal pouted as she crinkled her nose.

"Why do you even care? I'm just a normal human girl."

"I care because you're being tricked into becoming the whore of that monster."

Chanyeol was suddenly slapped across the face by her, tears in her eyes as she said, "Don't you dare call him that."

Krystal ran out of the cottage sobbing as Chanyeol held his cheek and shook his head. Aurora ducked the moment he disappeared back to Heaven. She got up and followed Krystal, running after her until she reached the clearing. Krystal fell to her knees as she continued to cry.

V emerged from the woods and rushed over to her, holding her.

"Krystal, what's wrong?" He asked. Krystal buried her face into his chest.

"Chanyeol, he..."

She cried some more, V scowling as he held her close.

"That bastard..." He muttered. He lifted her head up and looked at her tenderly.

"Come with me. I'll make sure he'll never hurt you again."