17: Reflection

"I wish I could love myself'" -Rap Monster, 'Reflection'

As the weeks passed, Taehyung found himself wanting her more. He could only go on teasing her for so long before he pounced on her all together. But Aurora was trying all her efforts to resist him, which made him angry for some reason. Why didn't she want him with the way he teased her?

But even he wasn't that naive. He knew his heart was darker than the night, and not even his good looks could overshadow all his sins. His handsome face was barely a mask for the Beast within.

"Why are you even bothering waiting for her? Just take her for yourself."

Taehyung stared at his reflection, a darker, more corrupted version of him that truly represented the Devil inside complete with piercing red eyes and a hauntingly cruel smile.

"You know why. Even I'm not that cruel to resort to rape." He said as he glared at his reflection. His reflection simply shrugged with a lazy smirk.

"Then make her want you. You have spell books for a reason. I'm sure that there's a love potion in there somewhere."

Taehyung scowled as he turned away from the mirror. His reflection simply extended his black wings to their full length and laughed.

"Poor, helpless little Taehyung... are you going soft because of this angel?"

Taehyung whipped around and slammed his fist against the mirror, the surface rippling upon impact.

"Who said I was?! And who are you to tell me what to do? You're only a shadow."

His reflection smiled at him darkly as his hand rested against the surface of the mirror.

"You and I are the same person, Taehyung... it only depends on who gets to touch the angel first."

Taehyung pulled his hand away in shock as his reflection disappeared with a evil laugh. He sighed as he took a black sheet and covered the mirror. Everyone had two sides to them, it just so happen his other side loved to manifest as an evil, manipulative demon short a few horns.

"V?"

He turned away from the mirror quickly as he cleared his throat and asked, "Who is it?"

"It's me, Aurora. Can I come in?"

"Please do." He said before she entered. Her hands were respectfully placed behind her back as she walked in with a grand air.

"Why have you come, my dear?"

"Has any letters from Seokjin come in yet?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes inwardly. Even when she's showered with lavish presents and all of his attention, she still thinks about her dratted angel of a brother.

"No, darling. I haven't received anything from Cassiel's child yet."

Aurora raised an eyebrow at him.

"Cassiel's child? Don't you mean his son? I'm his child too."

Taehyung tsked as he shook his head.

"My dear, he is Cassiel's child because he will never abandon his duty to temperance just like his father did." He explained, but Aurora winced at the word 'did'. That word just reminded her of the fact he was not around any longer. Angels are immortal, but once they are killed, it takes a very long time before they are fully regenerated. Taehyung noticed Aurora's expression after mentioning her father and sighed.

He had studied as a student of Cassiel in his youth before his fall to Hell, and Seokjin was a near exact copy of the man by personality: diligent, kind, and a bit stubborn at times. He even looked like his father: the slightly feminine lips, the sharp nose and cheeks, and the wide eyes that could stare straight into your soul. Aurora on the other hand, resembled her mother, Charmeine, angel of harmony. He had never met Charmeine formally, but it was painted in many portraits that she was very beautiful, just like her daughter.

"If anything comes in, I'll tell you."

Aurora's eyes lit up as she asked, "Really?!"

He nodded before she squealed in joy and leaning up to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you!"

She happily skipped out as he touched the cheek she had kissed. Maybe he was getting to her. Slowly, but surely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe it! She's alive!"

Seokjin jumped in joy as he clutched Aurora's letter to his chest. Namjoon smiled, happy to see his love happy once again. Seokjin opened the letter and his expression dropped.

"Jinnie? What is it?"

Seokjin shook his head as he read the letter and said, "No, no, no, this can't be happening."

He dropped the letter in shock, falling back onto a couch. Namjoon went over and picked it. He read it and realized what it was about. It was a warning from Aurora, and by the looks of it, she had grown afraid of him too.

"I can't believe she's fallen for that monster. What did he do to her?!"

Seokjin punched the sofa cushion in anger as Namjoon looked carefully at the writing and seal. It was indeed Aurora's, yet he felt like Taehyung had somehow manipulated the writing of this letter.

"Jinnie, I suggest you write back to her. Ask her every question that you could ever think of and send it. You need to know the truth." He said as he set the letter down. Seokjin nodded as he walked over to his desk, getting fresh parchment and ink. He dipped his quill in and wrote feverishly, the ink appearing like lightning.

'My Dearest Aurora,

I thank you for writing back to me, but the contents of the letter you sent has worried me. I'm afraid anything he's done to you I can use as a reason to go to war with him. Please, tell me exactly how you feel about him and what exactly occurs in Hell. I await your letter.

Your loving brother,
Seokjin'

"I hope my worst fears haven't come true yet..."

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

A/N: Sorry for not updating in so long. I've been busy writing new chapters for you guys and some new fanfics. Thanks for your votes and comments, I appreciate all the support! Fighting!

-Author-nim