9: Distance

"A night that's much more quiet today" -Suga, 'Dead Leaves'

After Irene's visit, the distance between Taehyung and Aurora grew. Aurora secluded herself to her room while Taehyung couldn't get her out of his mind. What was it about the angel that he couldn't take his mind off of her? Was it her stubbornness?

The way she could transform from a meek, quiet girl to an outspoken, fierce woman within seconds? These were the things the young king thought about.

"Master, you haven't even touched your breakfast yet. What's got you so distracted that you aren't even eating?"

Taehyung ignored Mark and continued to stare out his window at the burning hellfire below.

"Why won't she leave my mind?" He asked himself. Mark rolled his eyes before leaving.

"Nayeon, make sure the mistress is fed." He called into the kitchen. Taehyung snapped out of his daze as he watched the maid carry up a tray of food for the one who had captured his attention. Taehyung sighed as he turned back to his food. What has this girl done to him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mistress, I have your breakfast."

Aurora sighed as she went to the door. She took the tray and thanked the maid, but all she could think about was Taehyung. Aurora absentmindedly ate her food as her mind was filled with him. Why was she even thinking about him?!

He had trapped her in this prison of a castle, yet he intrigued her. His ever so changing mood swings, his impatient temper, and his way of manipulating people into believing he was above them, it made for quite an interesting man to say the least. He was no short handsome either. His features were sharp and angular, almost as if they were cut from stone; his dark brown eyes could pierce through with one glance, but when his eyes were blue, it terrified her; his plump lips were often pulled into a amused smirk, like he had a few tricks up his sleeve.

His voice however, with it's husky and low tone, always managed to push her into submission. The accent that colored his speech was similar to that of Yoongi's, who was also known to have a low voice. Aurora sighed as she held her arms. Why was this man doing this to her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, what are you to wear?!"

Aurora watched Nayeon pull out dress after dress.

"What's the problem? I'm already dressed decently for dinner."

Nayeon ignored her and pulled out a black, strapless dress that seemed a little too skintight for Aurora's taste.

"You'll look ravishing in this!" Nayeon exclaimed. Aurora forced a smile before asking, "Do you have anything a little less black and a little looser?"

Nayeon frowned and asked monotonously, "How much less?"

"Preferably white." Aurora said bluntly. Nayeon sighed as she tossed the dress aside and rummaged through the closet again. After a few more minutes, Nayeon pulled out a pale colored dress and sighed.

"Sorry honey, but this is as white as we're going to get until you can get some new clothes from the master."

Aurora nodded before taking the dress and going into the bathroom to change. When Aurora was finished, she was wearing a sleeveless blush colored dress that ended at her knees and was backless, with the exception of a few straps crossing across and down her back. To finish her look, she wore a necklace and high heels. Nayeon clapped her hands together and smiled.

"You look perfect!"

Aurora took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror. Nayeon applied on a light touch of color to her lips before the two heard a knock at the door. Nayeon opened it to reveal Mark, who bowed formally before Aurora before saying, "The master is awaiting you in the dining room."

He turned his head to see if anyone was there before saying in a lower voice, "Please, don't make the master mad again. We've already gone through two dozen vases yesterday alone!"

Aurora nodded before following Mark off to the dining room. They walked down, across, and over until they reached a dimly lit room where a table sat filled food. She sat down at one of the heads of the tables, before turning to see Taehyung staring at her from the other end of the table.

"You look beautiful tonight, my dear." He said, his voice smooth and velvety. Aurora nodded and said, "Thank you, Your Highness."

"Oh, there's no need for that. Just V will do." He said, his lips curved up in a coy smirk. Aurora saw his eyes flash blue before she looked down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung's smirk grew as she looked down.

Shy, are we? He thought as his eyes evolved into their sky blue counterpart. She looked absolutely ravishing tonight; with the way the dress hugged the curves of her body while still making her look elegant. She was just as attractive as any of his female consorts, but she had a more innocent, pure touch to her that made him curious about her. He took a sip of his wine as he kept his eyes on her, not missing any move she made.

"Care for some wine, my dear?"

Aurora looked up and shook her head.

"No, thank you. I don't drink."  She replied politely. There it was again. She was so sweet and perfect, yet why hadn't he wanted to ruin something about her yet? He licked the remaining wine off his lips as he started to eat as well, occasionally stealing glances at her.

Once they were both done eating, Taehyung got up and gently took her hand. He led her out of the room and off to the gardens.

"Pardon me, but where are we going?" She asked.

"To the gardens, of course. It wasn't like I proposed to you blind. I had watched you over a significant period time before deciding you were the perfect bride." He explained smoothly. He passed by Jackson, who bowed before the two.

"You like to have nightly walks out to your garden and pick flowers, correct?" He asked. Aurora looked up at him incredulously. How could he possibly know that? Not even her brother knew that.

Once they arrived in the gardens, Aurora gasped as she saw all the flowers. They were all night or shade blooming flowers, but she was ecstatic. Taehyung watched as she looked at all the flowers in awe.

"Do you like it?" He asked. Aurora nodded as she approached some diamond roses, a hybrid one of the demons had come up with.

"Then it's yours. A gardener will take care of them while you can come here anytime you like."

Taehyung suddenly felt something against his cheek and saw Aurora pull away while floating in the air from out of the corner of his eye.

"Thank you, V." She said, blushing a bit as she landed back on the ground. Taehyung smiled at her as he thought, Good job Taehyung, keep at it and the heavens will be falling in no time!

"Anything for my beautiful fiancé."