(2) Detention pt.2

He sighed and put his head on the desk

He sighed and put his head on the desk. You knew when he did that he was upset. You didn't like seeing him upset but you don't like him picking someone cause he thinks they're cool either.

***

You had always been excited to sit next to Peter at school, but now you hated it.

The argument you guys had was, and you had to admit it, kinda stupid, but at the same time it was very important. It wasn't only affecting your life but it was affecting others, and he only went with someone because he thinks he's cool.

You sighed when you saw him already in his seat, talking with Ned across from him. Ned stopped talking when he saw you, causing Peter to look over. Peter flattened his lip and looked to the ground.

You rolled your eyes before plopping down in your seat and throwing your backpack to the ground. Peter knew when you did that, it meant you were really mad.

He sighed and put his head on the desk. You knew when he did that he was upset. You didn't like seeing him upset but you don't like him picking someone cause he thinks they're cool either.

God Y/N get over yourself. You thought.

Class had already started and you both weren't paying attention.

You kept glancing over at him which was driving you crazy. You kept telling yourself not to care but you couldn't help it. You hated seeing your friends upset.

"Peter, can you tell us the answer?" Your teacher asked.

You looked down at the ground, trying to keep from looking at him.

From the corner of your eye you saw him shrug.

"I don't know, 4?" You could tell Peter didn't care, and so did the teacher.

"Well if you don't know and you don't care enough to know, you can sit in detention for the rest of the day."

Peter didn't say anything else but grabbed his bag, slammed his chair towards his desk, and walked out.

"And since you don't care about the schools property either, you can stay there again tomorrow." The teacher yelled as he walked out the door.

You couldn't help but feel sort of...alone without him sitting there.

Whatever. You said before listening to the teacher again.

***

Just knock Y/N. Just knock. You kept repeating over and over inside your head.

You raised your hand up slowly, them gave three quick knocks.

10 seconds felt like an hour before Aunt May answered the door. "Oh, hey Y/N!"

"Hey Aunt May, is um, is Peter here?"

"No he just left and said he was going to the library with you to study." Aunt May looked confused.

Dang it Peter.

"Oh yeah I was but I was trying to tell him I can't come but he wouldn't answer the phone so. Now I know why, I'll go see if I can catch him there. Thanks!"

You ran off as quickly as possible. You knew exactly where he was.

***

You finally turned the corner to the alley way Peter always went to whenever he felt like fighting "crime", which was almost everyday, but especially when he was upset.

Luckily you had caught him right before he put on his mask.

"You know there's no neighborhood crime at 5 in the afternoon Peter." You said to him panting.

He turned around and glared at you. "Why are you here Y/N?"

You shrugged. You really didn't know. You weren't going to apologize because you had nothing to apologize for.

"I don't know, I just wanted to make sure you're okay." You crossed your arms and slowly walked towards him.

He scoffed. "Yeah I'm fine."

You sighed. "Peter look I'm not gonna apologize to you because your decision to go with Tony is affecting me and all the other Avengers."

"So I'm the bad guy?" He frowned.

"No but-I-I don't know Peter. I just know your decision is wrong."

"Well what about yours Y/N?! Are you just always right?!" Peter asked raising his voice at you. "We are trying to get ourselves under control while you and your red white and blue gang are wanting to freestyle things which is getting more people killed. How is that right to you?!" He was now shouting.

You stayed quiet for a moment. "We can't save everyone Peter. That's not how it works."

Peter put his mask on. "Well we can save more than we have been." He then jumped over the fence and swung out of sight.

Now you were the one who was left alone.

***
I'm probably gonna do a part 3 to this! Did you guys like it? Also I'm sorry if there are any mistakes 😅