A WISH

At Temple...

One small men currently offering incense. His eyes shuts as he concentrated his mind to pray for guidance. "Dear God, You know that I'm don't wish to enter the competition for Harem concubine. I just want to have somebody to love and cherish me wholeheartedly and I will also do the same thing for him." Wayo Prasawat, son of the forth rank civil officer open his eyes back and staring God statue infront of him. Becoming suffocated with incense smell, he decided to exit the door temple.

"Young Master, what do you wish to the God. I hope you wish to enter the Harem and becoming consort right?" Wayo's personal servant, Maidao giggle beside her little master. "Shut up you, we still inside the temple and you dare to make fun. Back to home later I will teach you some manners." Wayo try to glare but his glare making him cute and adorable.

"Hahahah, Young Master. Actually Maidao wish that she will go to Harem instead of you." May, another personal servant for Wayo try to cheer up her pouting bestfriend. After they exit the entrance of temple, one man approaching Wayo and his servants: "Dr. Ming, what you are doing here, are you waiting for little master Wayo. So adorable." Maidao putting his teasing again to Wayo. Ming, royal physician and close friend of Wayo is smiling towards Wayo.

"You little rascal, stay here for minute." Wayo approaching Ming and say: "Dr. Ming why are you here. I thought you in the palace." "Actually I have a off-day today, so I go to your home to visit Uncle and you but Uncle told me you are here. So here I am." Wayo just nodded his head.

"Erm Wayo, actually I have something to talk to you. Its about us." Wayo who get confused with Ming serious facial expression ask him to proceed. "Since you small, I've feeling for you. Day after day, the feeling becoming strong and not kind of brotherhood anymore. It becoming more intimately. I love you Wayo, if you have same kind of feeling, I hope you can tell me. I know you are the one of the final candidate for harem selection but if I have your word, I will go straight to your father and beg him to cancel the selection."

Wayo expression becoming red not because the hotness of Sun but Ming confession make him slightly blush. "Ming, actually I know your feeling towards me and I appreciate it. But I'm sorry. My feeling towards you is just as brother and it will same until forever. You know that my father position as a minor officer in Censorate and you are the royal physician. People will think that my father gives his son to royal physician because my father didn't have expenses for his medication. I don't want to tarnish my father name and yours. Regarding the selection, personally I don't want to join it but after thinking if I didn't participate, my little sister will have to enter it. I hope you understand my position."

The young doctor startled to hear Wayo explanation. Ming realised that Wayo has thinking the consequences regarding his decision long time ago. He becoming more respect and have deep admiration for the small guy beside him. "Wayo, I swear that I will protect you and your family although my life at its  stake." When Wayo hear about it, he give Ming a tight hug and whisper to him: "I hope you will find somebody who can take care of you more than me."

Palace of the Great Benelovence...

"My Empress, it seems that Consort Pring don't come to greet you. I think we should..." words of Sutte, personal maid of Empress was cut by her master: "I'm the Empress, she is only the Consort. She should come to greet me. Serve the tea first for the others."

A group of palace attendants coming from backdoor with tray cups of tea. The attendants put the cup infront of concubines who greet the Empress. "Huh, its Consort Pring late again." Consort Fing make her annoying face. "You know Consort Fing attitude right. She was the Emperor beloved consort. Moreover her brother was Commander in-Chief of the army. The more power her brother have, more arrogant Consort Pring is becoming" said Lady Dao try to make the situation quite tense. 

"Consort Pring arrived." One of the eunuch shouting from outside palace. After that, one woman who have slender body and splendid outfit enter the Empress chamber. All of the concubine stand up and greet her: "Greeting Consort Pring." Consort Pring just ignore them and stand beside Consort Fing: "Sister Fing, you looks quite radiant, Emperor will like to see you like this." She chuckles before continued: "But I'm forget, Your Majesty didn't visit you for along time." Consort Fing expression turn from delicate to sour as she make a bitter smile to Consort Pring.

"Why do you all stand, please seat my little sisters. We are siblings in the palace." Empress try to make the situation more calmly. "Greeting My Empress, hope you will be lucky and in good heath." Consort Pring greet the Empress. Empress then ask Consort Pring to sit and ordered the servant to give tea to Consort Pring for her drink. When Consort Pring smell the tea aroma. She asking the Empress: "It is the tea that come from Ceylon last year. Your Empress still keep it. The more longer the tea is keep, the aroma will get musky. I have the freshly pick tea from last month. I will give it to Empress later." Her comment make other concubines irritated but Empress facial expression remain calm.

"Its okay Consort Pring, the Emperor also has give me the tea but I think Third Prince will like it so I bestow it to Consort Fing." Consort Pring just smile and turn her head to Consort Fing: "If Third Prince wants anything, you just can come to see me first. I will arrange everything for him." Empress saying: "Third Prince is obedient. He didn't want to disturb his mother and Emperor. Consort Fing is a good teacher and mother." "Sure she is, if Third Prince concentrate in study more instead of playing, Emperor will give him goldleaf tea if he wants." Again, comment from Consort Pring is always make hearts of others who hear it angry.

"Consort Pring, the final selection for Harem concubines is 2 weeks more. How the progress is it?" Consort Pring smiling wears down: "Your Empress, I was discuss with Household Department. They making a good progress. Although Emperor has asked no to excess the budget he provided, I must take care the dynasty name. Its not the easy task." Consort Pring slowly drink her tea.

"Fine, you all can dismiss." Empress think its the time for them back to their respective palace. All the concubines bid the Empress farewell and exit the chamber. Consort Pring is the last to exit when she hear Empress monologue: "I hope this selection will satisfied the Emperor. Emperor need heirs for the continuation of Kingdom." Slightly annoy and sad, Consort Pring left the Empress residence with cold-face expression.

P/S: I HOPE THIS CHAPTER WILL NOT DISAPPOINTING MY READERS. KEEP READING, COMMENT AND VOTE OKAY. THE SELECTION WILL COMING IN NEXT CHAPTER.