About You

Sometimes you just have to smile, pretend everything is okay, hold back the tears and just walk away.  

Allen POV

'Allen, wake up. She's awake'.

The last sentence jerks me awake. I look around, blinking. I was still in the hospital, and Alice was sitting beside me. I could see Sydney in the distance, smiling.

Smiling?

'What happened?', I ask Alice, still feeling sore from that unccomfortable sleep.

'Annalie woke up, Allen. She wants to see you', Alice says, flicking her hair behind her.

I jump up and run towards the ICU

My Anna was okay.

She is awake.

She wants to see me.

I open the dor and sprint towards her.

Anna was lying in the bed like I saw her 16 hours ago, but the only difference is that there are lesser number of tubes on her.

She opens her eyes slowly, and smiles weakly.

My heart.

'Allen', she whispers.

Funny how just one word, thats all it takes.

'Hey, are you crying?', she asks, her voice a bit disoriented, 'silly, I'm finally awake, and you're crying. Unbelievable'.

I smile and pat her head. 'You're okay'.

She rolls her eyes. 'I can see that', she says sarcastically.

'You're a tough one', I mutter.

'And you realize it now?', she shoots back, laughing.

I hold her hand. 'I missed you', she says softly.

'You were asleep, Anna', I try to hide my sadness.

'Yeah, but I dreamt about you', she says, biting her lip.

'I dream about you all the time, babe', I say, kissing her hand.

'Not more than me, though', she says. I glare at her. 'Bet?', I ask.

She pauses for a moment. 'Bet', she decides, the light returning in her green eyes.

I grin and start to say something when a nurse enters. 'Please stay outside. Its time to change the patients dress'.

'I dont mind watching the patient change her dress', I say misheviously.

The nurse stares at me, red faced, as Anna laughs, her voice like chiming bells, a sweet music. 

Lovely. Beautiful. Mine.

'Well, if he wants to stay, then..', Anna says, rying to control her laughter.

'I am sorry, madam, I cant allow that', the nurse stammers, clearing her throat.

'Oh well, I guess I'll just wait outside'.

Annalie pouts. 'Bye, baby'.

*******

A few days had passed by. Annalie's condition was unstable, and Scarlette was improving. But now, the reverse has happened.

Scarlette's health is detoriating rapidly. There is nothing the doctors can do. Annalie was discharged yesterday, and hasn't left  Scar's side at all. Its the same with Sydney and Blake.

I had to come home frequently since mom was not feeling well, and Alice had gone to a friend's house, and hasnt been back yet.

I make a small, presentable dinner and call Anna.

'Allen, you have to come here. Fast', Anna says, her voice quivering.

'What happened?', I ask, my heart starting to pound.

'Its Scarlette. S-She's not waking up'.