Part 13

--Later--

Once we landed back on Earth we were all cast as heroes. The saviors as you may put it. I was surprisingly hardly interested in such publicity. I was happy I helped to save so many lives, but I was not the only one who made such a feat possible.

I ensured that Pike was taken to the highest medical expertise. He had been tortured while aboard the Narada rather ruthlessly and suffered some internal damage and a mild concussion. It was possible he may suffer from PTSD in the future. However, his spirit was willing and as bright as it was the first day I had met him. He would make a sure recovery quickly.

As for the rest of the crew. Scotty had been designated as the head mechanical engineer of the Enterprise. He was as ever enthusiastic about it and had gone to celebrate with a bottle of whisky. Chekov, I believe had left to spend time with his family in Russia. At least until the Enterprise was rebuilt completely. The ship had gone through quite a bit of damage during the attack from the Narada. Bones, who was grumpy and irritable as ever, had taken a short time job of being a medical professor in the San Diego StarFleet academy. He was already complaining of the long hours and complacent cadets that he claimed reminded him quite a bit of myself. Uhura and Sulu would both be taking well deserved vacations to different locations.

I personally was unusually jubilant, as I had been unofficially made captain of the Enterprise. The ceremony of my becoming captain and taking Pikes place would take place in a few days. My dream job was soon to be fulfilled and now I simply had to continue it. ( and I did it fairly this time) I strolled down the halls of the med bay that were bustling with visitors and nurses. I had just finished talking with Pike who as I said before had been recovering well. Currently, I was looking for a certain Vulcan who I felt the need to talk to. I had a proposition for him to come back to the Enterprise. I hoped he would consider being my first officer or at least science officer.

I had been tipped off he was in the med hanger that I walked to with grace. Once I entered I quickly scanned that vast space for the pointy eared man. After a few minutes I came across not one but two familiar Vulcans. One of them was Spock in his customary blue StarFleet shirt. The seconds was also Spock, however to be more specific it was Spock Prime. My eyes widened in a stunned shock. How were they talking to each other? Spock Prime specifically said that if current Spock knew of his existence that it could create time anomalies and whatever!

I hurriedly walked over to them " Spock Prime?" I asked as I approached them and immediately two identical sets of consequential eyes fixed themselves on me. " Ah Ms.Kirk, it is good to see you once again" Spock Prime greeted and Spock looked a little surprised. But the emotion left as quickly as it came. " Likewise, I must concede I am surprised to see you" I said but kept my tone happy as nothing could dampen my mood at the moment.

"If my calculations are correct, the two of you met on Delta Vega?" Spock asked as he turned his gaze to Spock Prime who nodded. " Yes, as you have come to know, I am from the future" Spock Prime answered.

"But Spock Prime you said Spock couldn't be be told of your existence, that it would mess up the time thingy spectrum. Why are you....?" I asked gesturing to the pair of them. Spock Prime's eyes shined a little as I realized he had said those things on purpose. " Yes I agree, why did you send Jailee aboard when you alone could've explained the truth?" Spock inquired as we both looked expectantly at Spock Prime.

Spock Prime paused a moment " Because you needed each other. Opposing yet complimentary opposites. It was that balance between us -- I should say you and Jailee -- that often made the impossible, possible" Spock Prime began and I rose a brow as a flicker of puzzlement went over us. " It was a test?" Spock asked tilting his head just the tiniest bit to the left.