Part 1

Jailee Pov

I never knew much about father. In fact I never had the chance to even meet him. The main thing most people knew him for was because he saved hundreds of life's the day of my birth. This came at the sacrifice of his own life as he died the same day I was born. There had been attack on the ship my father was on and if it hadn't been for him none of the members of the U.S.S. Kelvin would have survived.

No one was ever really sure about what exactly had attacked the U.S.S. Kelvin. From most accounts it had been the Romulans, a very distant species but no one ever saw the specific ship again. They had thought it was some sort of lightning storm in space like an Anomaly which of course is impossible. That ship and crew was never seen again .

I grew up as an only child and then my mom got a new husband by the time I was 9. He never really liked me and I did my best to piss him off. Saying I was a wild child was a tad of an understatement. I had been known to disrespect the authority at times and drive antique cars into canyons. Especially my step dad's antique cars as he was a collector of rare vehicles.

As of now I sat in one of my more preferred bars called the Playaz that was rather crowded at the moment. It was a Hotspot for tourists as well as StarFleet members as it was near the a part of the academy. I wasn't there to meet anyone, mainly just to to relax and talk with the bartender who I was decent friends with. His name was Lefre (Leaf- frey) and he was a Homonulucan humanoid witch looks like a human with dark purple skin and a bald head.

He was a nice guy and made some good drinks. I sat with an iced screwdriver in hand as I listened to the loud music and watched Lefre's skilled purple hands work on the numerous orders that came from the rest of the bar folk. " Need a hand there Lefy?" I asked with a little grin as I absently twirled my straw around my drink. Lefre snorted looking at me with molten gold eyes that held a friendly warmth to them.

" Maybe, you know you could work here if you actually tried" Lefre noted with a smile as he poured bacardi rum into a round class. I shrugged, being a bartender didn't sound terrible, I didn't really have much of a job anyway. It wasn't the first time he had told me this but I always denied his offer. " I think I'm good watching you struggle" I replied causing him to chuckle.

" Struggle? This is light work" Lefre said grinning as he now held three shot glasses in his hands and poured some sort of whisky into each with perfect precision with out evening looking at the glasses. I nodded as I took a sip of my drink looking down at the grey marble bar counter that was etched with two names inside of a heart. I couldn't quite make out the letters.

Suddenly a larger form sat down next to me in one of the leather bar stools with a flash of red hair. I looked over to see a fairly good looking man with bright green eyes and a chiseled jaw sitting right next to me in a leather jacket. A Sulzarion. There wasn't a real distinction between humans an Sulzarions aside from drastic height differences and their unusually red hair. There was mainly just the fact that they were missing their pinky finger. And this guy next to me only had four fingers on each hand.

Sulzarions were also very high and mighty, or at least felt that way. The majority were stuck up and down right annoying. At least the 1st class ones were. Not to mention the female Sulzarions were fairly aggressive. The males were a bit more passive but are typical very protective.

I silently hoped he wouldn't talk to me. I mean don't get me wrong, he was good looking but most of the guys that hang out around here were all fuck and play boys. And this guy didn't look to be any sort exception as he drank his bloody mary.

" Say what's a girl like you doing here alone?" He suddenly asked flashing me a half grin. I rode a brow and decided to just try and let him off easy. " I'm just getting out" I answered blandly and gesturing to Lefre for another screwdriver and he easily whipped it up in seconds.