Chapter 17: Broken

Elliot's POV

I woke up in the hallway outside of Skye's hospital room surrounded by her family and friends. Since they weren't letting us see Skye, I decided to check on the young girl again. I walked into her room to see her sitting straight up in the bed looking out the window.

"Well, you're awake I see," I said smiling.

"Is Skye awake yet?" She asked yawning.

"No, not yet, but she will be soon," I said trying to stay positive.

"That's good!" She said smiling.

"I never got to thank you for helping me," I mentioned.

"It's no problem, really. I just couldn't stand there and watch Jackson torture her anymore," She said as pain flashed through her eyes.

"I also never got to ask this either so what's your name?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Charlotte, Charlotte Rain," She said as her face formed a smile again.

"If you don't mind me asking, what were you doing there with Jackson?" I asked.

"I ran away from home," She said frowning.

I knew I shouldn't continue this conversation, but I was really curious. Maybe I could help her.

"Why?" I asked.

"My dad would always be drinking and he would hurt me," She said.

"That's horrible," I said.

"Where are you going to stay now?" I asked after a long pause.

"I don't know. I'll probably just run away again," She said.

"Or," I said, "you can come live with Skye and me!" I said smiling at her.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, she would love you!" I said.

"I'll think about it," She said a little unsure.

"Tell me before you go anywhere, okay?" I said.

"Okay," She replied with a small smile.

"I'm going to check on Skye now, see you later," I said exiting the room.

"Bye!" She said as I closed the door.

I walked back to Skye's room to see that everyone had entered the room. I walked in just to see everyone gathering their belongings.

"Would you to come and eat with us?" Lily asked me.

"No, I'd rather wait here to see if Skye wakes up," I replied sitting down.

"Elliot, you've barely eaten anything since Skye's disappearance," She said.

"I'm just not hungry," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but you need to eat soon, okay?" She said in her motherly tone.

"Okay," I said.

"See you when I come back," She said as she left the room with everyone else.

I scooted my chair up to Skye's bed so I was right next to her. I rested my head on the edge of the bed. I hope that she will wake up soon. I don't know what I'll do if she doesn't. I was almost asleep, but I heard the door creak open. I turned to look behind me to see a nurse standing there.

"Since her family gave me permission to update you on Skye's health we would like to inform you that she has shown signs of sexual abuse," The nurse said nervously.

"Are you sure?" I asked shocked.

"Only she can tell us for sure, but I thought I would let you know," She said.

"Okay," I said turning around to face Skye.

"I have to check on other patients now, but I would also like to tell you that she will probably wake up tomorrow," The nurse said.

"Okay,"

"Goodbye," She said leaving.

I face planted into the edge of the bed. I felt tears start streaming down the sides of my cheeks. I can't believe I couldn't protect her. I love her so much, and I just wanted to keep her safe, but I failed. After a while, I fell asleep. I woke up to the smell of food. I turned around to see Skye's family and Rebecca asleep. Then Lily walked in with some coffee.

"I thought you might need this," She said and handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said in a sleepy voice.

"How are you doing?" She asked.

"Terrible," I stated.

"It's going to get better Elliot," She said.

"I hope," I replied.

"Don't worry, it will," She said as she pulled me into a hug.

I was so glad to have Lily through out all of this. She's always so positive she can make me feel a little better but not the way Skye can. Skye can make my bad days turn into great days and Lily can make my bad days into somewhat good days. Skye will always be the best at making me feel better but it's nice to have Lily here with me. I talked to Lily for a long time, but then I decided to check on Charlotte. When I entered her room she was asleep again so I just walked back to Skye's room.

"Wow, that was fast," Lily said as I walked back into the room.

"She was asleep," I said.

"Oh, like what you should be doing right now?" She said smiling.

"Shut up," I said rolling my eyes even though she's right.

"Skye's going to kill me for not taking care of you," Lily said laughing.

"Don't worry, I can handle it," I said smiling.

"I hope, she's wild," Lily said still laughing.

"Yeah, but I still love her," I said.

"Ohhhhhh, does the big, cold-hearted CEO actually love someone?"

"Lily, stop," I said rolling my eyes.

"Say it again!"

"Say what again?"

"You love her," She said laughing.

"I love Skye," I said rolling my eyes.

"How adorable. My baby brother is in love!" She said excitedly.

"Okay, first of all, I'm older than you and second of all, I thought we already knew this," I stated.

"Yeah, but it's cute to hear you say it," She laughed.

I turned my back towards her and laid my head back down on the bed. I looked at the clock to see it was 4:00. I watched the minutes tick by for a long time until I eventually fell back asleep.