Chapter 9: Half Truths

It's been six days since Elliot asked me out. He's done all kinds of sweet things like this past Monday he took me to the movies, he's made me breakfast almost every morning, and he even buys me candy sometimes. He's been very good to me these past six days, and tonight he's decided to take me on a date tonight. I eagerly watched the clock count down my last minute at work before I could leave. I decided today would be a perfect day to meet Elliot's little sister, Lily. Since I was going shopping today, I decided to invite her and Rebecca to come with me. Once the clock hit 4, I stood up and basically ran outside so Rebecca could pick me up. Her car was parked fairly close to the building so it was easy to spot. I was super happy that Elliot let me off early so I could get ready for tonight.

    He had also told me that Lily was going to meet us in front of Rebecca's dress shop so that it would be easier to find her. Elliot had also texted me a picture of what she looked like which also made it easier to find her. Rebecca pulled into a parking spot in front of her store and we sat there and waited. A few minutes later, a skinny girl who looked a lot like Elliot sat on the bench next to the doors of Rebecca's store. She had the same black hair and icy blue eyes as Elliot. I didn't even need the picture to know that was Elliot's sister.

"The girl who just sat down on that bench is Elliot's sister," I said confidently.

"Thought so, they look a lot alike," Rebecca said taking off her sunglasses.

"We better get out there before she thinks we ditched her," I said opening the passenger side door.

    Rebecca got out of the car and then locked it. We then walked up to meet Lily, who was currently on her phone.

"Are you Lily?" I said as we approached her.

"No dip it's her," Rebecca whispered in my ear.

"Shut up," I whispered back.

"Yeah, you must be Skye and Rebecca?" She asked politely.

"That's us, it's nice to meet you!" Rebecca said sweetly. I couldn't believe how fast Rebecca can change her mood, it's crazy.

"It's nice to meet you guys too!" Lily answered sweetly.

"Well, we should get inside!" I said walking inside the door as the other two followed me.

"I'm so glad I finally get to meet the girl my brother will literally not stop talking about," Lily said laughing.

"He talks about me to you?" I said looking through the rack of dresses.

"Almost every single day! I start to think something has happened to him if he doesn't send me a long paragraph about how he can't figure out if you like him or not. Finally, I just told him to go for it." She said laughing.

    I started to laugh too, but then Rebecca came running down the isle with several beautiful dresses.

"You have to try all of these on!" She said basically screaming.

    Lily began to laugh at Rebecca as she pulled me to the dressing rooms. Once she was done pulling me there, she put all the dresses down and then pushed me straight in. I could still hear Lily laughing on the other side.

"Rebecca you are wild!" I said laughing.

"I know, now hurry and try those dresses on!" She said laughing a little.

"Okay, okay, just calm down," I said still laughing.

    I began trying on different dresses, some were long, some were short, some were full of colors, and some were just one color. After trying on what felt like a million dresses, I finally found one that we all liked. The dress was an off-the-shoulder, black and gray skater dress. The top of the dress was black and everything below the waist of the dress was gray except for the black lace that went around it. Since it was Rebecca's store, she didn't pay very much for it. We walked around the mall looking at various shoe stores.