Chapter 7: Yes

Why? Why does getting drunk cause hangovers. My head literally feels like it's going to explode. I started to get up to grab some medicine for my headache but apparently a special someone already took care of that for me. I saw a piece of paper laying on my nightstand.

It read: You were really really drunk last night, and I figured by now you must have a terrible headache. So, I left you some medicine, water, and some crackers so you wouldn't have to get up that much. I hope you feel better when I come home. I'll see you then!

   I thought it was really nice of Elliot to do that for me. It's a good thing I don't come into work on Saturdays because I would have definitely been a wreck if I would have had to get up at 6:30 this morning. After I took the medicine, I decided to lay back down and try to go back to sleep. I laid there for about an hour until I finally fell asleep. When I woke back up it was 8:45 which meant I had basically slept this whole day. I laid in my bed and drank the rest of my water. I was still thirsty so I finally got up out of bed and headed towards the kitchen. I entered the living room and that was when I saw an envelope laying on the ground. I walked over to it and picked it up.

    I immediately got a weird feeling about it when I saw it was addressed to me. I slowly opened the letter and grabbed the pieces of paper inside of it. Only they weren't pieces of paper, they were pictures. There were many pictures of Rebecca and I from last night. Some were us dancing, some were us at the bar, and there were even some of us fighting blondie. On the back side of one of the pictures it said, "It was wild last night, wasn't it?" I immediately ran back to my room and shoved the pictures and the envelope inside the nightstand drawer with the other stuff I got from him. I then raced back to the living room to make sure the door was locked. Fortunately for me it was, this meant that he must have slid the note underneath the door rather than come in and set it down somewhere.  

    I decided to stay in the living room and watch TV until Elliot got home. About 10 minutes later, Elliot walked through the door and greeted me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Not as bad as I did when I woke up; I still have a little bit of a headache though."

"That's good! I was wondering if you wanted to go out to eat?"

"Sure, just let me change first." I said as I noticed I was still in my dress from last night.

    I stood up and went into my room. I decided to change into a simple white blouse and some skinny jeans. Elliot decided to take me to a new restaurant that had just opened. He parked the car, and then we went inside. After being seated, we immediately ordered our drinks and then looked at the menu. Elliot ordered a Sirloin steak, and I ordered a chicken salad. The food was amazing, but I noticed Elliot seemed a little distant tonight. I thought maybe something had happened at work.

    Right when I was about to ask Elliot about it I saw him. He was staring at me through the window in dark clothing. I could barely make out his face, but I knew it was him. I quickly told Elliot that I needed to use the restroom, and then I walked out following him. He must of known I was going to come outside because by the time I was out there he was gone, or at least I thought he was gone. I received a text message right as I was about to go inside. It was a picture of my back with a message that read, "Come find me..." I quickly turned around but saw nothing.

    I walked across the street trying to figure out where the picture had been taking from. 

Unknown Number: Closer.

    This time the picture had been taken to the left of me. I started walking that way when I received another text.

Unknown Number: Almost there!

    This time the picture had been taken to the right of me. I turned to go right but then noticed it was an alleyway. Since there were many people walking on the sidewalks, I figured if I were to scream someone would probably hear me. I decided to face my fears and enter the dark alleyway. As I entered the middle of the alleyway, I was sent another text.

Unknown Number: I found you.

    This time the picture came after the text. This time the picture was of my back. I quickly turned around to find nobody there.

Unknown Number: To many people around, maybe next time. :)

    I quickly walked out of the alleyway and into the crowded streets. I entered the restaurant and walked back to the table. Elliot had just finished paying when I sat down. I didn't feel safe in the restaurant anymore so I asked Elliot if we could go home now.

"Yeah, are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"I just don't really feel good." I said nervously because I actually felt a lot better than before.

"Okay, do you want a box for the rest of your food or are you done?" He asked.

"I'm done.  We can just go now." I said not wanting to spend another minute in this restaurant.

"Okay, well let's go." He said as he stood up and began walking towards the door.

    We entered his car in complete silence. It was like that in the car too, complete silence. It was like this until Elliot decided to ask me a question.

"Do you remember what you said to me last night?" He asked. I could hear the nervousness in his voice.

"No, why?" I said. I was also nervous because I really couldn't remember last night very well.

"You said you liked me."

"Oh..." I could feel my face heat up and turn red. It was even more awkward because I actually do really like Elliot. I guess ever since I started living with him I've gotten to know him a little more, and I like how he treats me. He's very kind, and I just really like him.

"Is that true?" He asked nervously.

"Can we talk about this later?" I asked not wanting to tell him how I feel about him.

"Please, I just really want to know." He asked glancing at me then back to the road.

"Yes," I blurted out, "I like you."