Chapter 11: Gone

I woke up with a huge headache. I looked around only to find my arm in a cast. I then remembered the crash. I began to worry about Skye. I really hope she's okay. A few minutes later, a nurse walked into the room.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"I have a headache," I said.

"That's normal considering you were in a car crash."

There was a pause as she studied the right side of my face.

"Your scar is going to heal up nicely." She said smiling.

I then ran my hand along the right side of my face only to feel a huge scar on my cheek.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You and a girl were involved in a car crash. She was able to get out and call an ambulance, but she was scared to move you so once we got there we removed you from the car. You were brought here and we stitched up your cheek and put a cast on your arm." She explained.

"What happened to the girl I was brought in with?" I asked nervously.

"She checked out yesterday." She said smiling.

"Do I get to leave today?" I asked hopefully.

"No, we're going to keep you overnight just to make sure everything is okay, and then you can check out tomorrow." She said walking towards the door.

"Okay, thank you," I said.

"No problem." She said as she left the room.

A few minutes later, Lily walked in.

"How are you feeling?" Lily asked as she walked over to me.

"I just have a headache but it's starting to go away," I said.

"Did you take Skye home yesterday?" I asked.

"No, she called Rebecca to take her home." She said.

"Did you see her before she left?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's going to be okay," Lily said smiling.

"Good!" I said happily.

"Do you get released today?" She asked.

"Unfortunately not," I said.

"Well, I can come get you tomorrow when you're released," Lily said.

"Okay, I'll call you tomorrow then," I said.

"Okay, bye!" She said as she exited the room.

I laid down in the hospital bed for the rest of the day. I was so bored and nobody ever came in to talk to me except for a couple nurses and doctors. The only thing I looked forward to was getting released and being able to see Skye's beautiful face. I missed her so much. After around four hours of just laying there, I finally fell asleep.

I woke up really early the next day. A few minutes after I woke up, a doctor entered my room and walked up to me. He explained to me that I couldn't get my cast wet and I would have to come in so they could clean my stitches. After he explained that, I was given some papers to sign, and then I was free to go. I was given back my phone and clothes from the night of the wreck. They were all ripped up so I decided to throw them away. Then I called Lily to come and get me. When I called Lily she sounded very frantic, but when I asked her if she was okay she just assured me that everything was fine. I knew something was off, but I didn't push her for answers.

A little while later, Lily came into my hospital room and gave me some clothes. She brought me a simple, white t-shirt, some jeans, and some tennis shoes. She stepped out of the room, and I quickly changed. We took the elevator down to the first floor and then walked to Lily's car. Once we sat down in the car, Lily's phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Lily said.

I couldn't hear the other person, but I could tell by Lily's voice that something was wrong. Right when Lily got off the phone, she began to cry. I hugged her as she cried into my chest. It was a long time before she said anything.

"Elliot, Skye's gone." She managed to choke out.

"What do you mean?" I asked nervously.

"She's missing, Rebecca and I can't find her!" She said still sobbing.

"Let me drive," I said seriously.

"What about your arm?" She asked.

"Move, I'm driving," I said as we swapped seats.

The whole way home, all I could think about was Skye. We finally arrived outside of the apartment building, and I ran up to my room leaving Lily to chase after me. Once inside my apartment, I ran straight to Skye's room to see that her room was a mess and some of her clothes were gone.

"Elliot, what do we do now?" Lily asked.

"We have to keep looking for her. She couldn't have gone far." I said.

"I'll tell Rebecca to keep looking then," Lily said as she got out her phone.

"Okay." Was all I managed to say as Lily walked out of Skye's room and closed the door behind her.

Lily's P.O.V

I immediately called Rebecca after walking out of Skye's room.

"Hey, Elliot said we need to keep looking," I said.

"Okay..." Rebecca answered.

"I have a question for you," I said.

"What?" Rebecca replied sadly.

"Do you think Jackson has anything to do with this?" I asked.

"Yes! It has to be him. Skye wouldn't just vanish without a reason." Rebecca replied.

"We need to tell Elliot, Lily..." She said.

"I don't know, Skye didn't want him to know," I said nervously.

"She'll understand Lily, right now, we need everyone on the same page."

"You're right, I guess I'll tell him," I said nervously.

"Good luck! While you do that, I'll keep looking."

"Okay, call me if you find anything."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye," I said.

I walked back into Skye's room to find Elliot sitting on her bed. He was trying so hard not to cry, but I could see tears escape from his eyes. I walked over and pulled him into a hug the same way he hugged me in the car.

"We're going to find her Elliot," I said, but he stayed silent.

"Elliot, I need to tell you something important," I said.

"What is it?" He said nervously.

"It's about Skye..."