29.Loyalty

The Final Chapter of Loyalty

Ω4 months laterΩ

"Wakey, wakey! It's your wedding day!" Noelle yelled.

Karina burrowed deeper into the warm covers trying to avoid all the noise that seemed to be coming from every direction.

But the noise continued.

"Come on, Karina. We don't have much time!" Noelle exclaimed.

Karina chanced a glance at the watch located at her bedside table.

"Noelle! It's five o'clock in the morning!" Marie said.

"So? We have a lot to do today and there isn't enough time!" Noelle yelled.

Karina rolled her eyes and got up drowsily.

"You act as if this isn't your wedding day, Karina, and to a sexy beast no less." Nicole admonished her.

"It's hard to be excited when you've been kept up all night because your chatty best friend wouldn't let you sleep!" Karina glared at Nicole.

Nicole giggled, "You know I get extra hyper about weddings!"

Karina chuckled. Nicole would never change.

She got out of bed and freshened up. While she was in the bathroom Nicole had called for breakfast. She'd also managed to wake her mom, aunts and Renee. They had their breakfast, then they gathered round the table where Nicole had set up all the make up and beauty products she could get her hands on.

"Um, Nicole? Do we really need all of this?" Karina asked, hesitantly.

"Of course, we need those! We have to experiment first and see which color matches your skin tone best. We can't just let you out there wearing regular make-up, can we?" Nicole said as she laid her hands on her hips.

"Aha." Karina grunted noncommittally, knowing from previous experience that it was better to let Nicole do whatever she wanted instead of argue.

Nicole spent an hour doing Karina's make-up before doing her own, while the two other women helped each other out. All the while they were laughing and having fun. Karina conceded that doing this together, just the four of them, was much better than having a stranger do it.

 Karina conceded that doing this together, just the four of them, was much better than having a stranger do it

Next, came the hair, which took a bit longer. And then it was finally time for the dress.

As Karina put it on, with Nicole's help, she felt surreal. Like she was having one of those out of body experiences that everyone talked about. She couldn't believe that she was actually getting married. She never believed that she'd do it so young and be so in love in such a long time.

 She never believed that she'd do it so young and be so in love in such a long time