18.Loyalty

Is the reason why we fight to stay alive
Until the morning comes

It's a strife
But the shimmer in your eyes just makes me know
That you and I belong

And you can light the dark all by your own
So let us show the world our love is strong

|A month later|

I got in my car and shut the door. I started driving for a while and then pulled into the parking garage of the hospital. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car.

I shut the door and opened the door to the hospital. I entered the hospital. I walked over to the elevator and pushed the button to go up. Then, I heard a ding and the elevator doors opened up and I got in. I pushed the third floor button and the door closed.

I finally made it on the third floor and headed to the office. I signed myself in and prayed to god everything was fine. I was like gripping my phone hard. I hated coming to hospital and now just in a few months, I'll be back.

"Karina Mykeal." called the nurse.

I got up and followed the nurse. I got put into exam room seven and Dr. Owens walked in.

"Karina, You're here for a check up? Where's the father?" He asked.

"Yes and he's working." I said.

"Well, I'm going to run and blood test to see what's going on." He said.

I gave him an blood sample. I was just waiting for the results back and I laid back. Just when I was about to fall asleep the doctor walked in.

"Well, is it good news?" I asked.

"Yes, everything is fine so let's check on the baby." He said smiling.

I wiped the tears away. Dammit I hate this mood swing shit. He put the cold gel on my belly. I saw the baby on the screen and was smiling.

"Well, you're almost five months along. You will be officially be in three weeks and the babies look healthy" Dr. Owens said.

Wait! What? Babies.

"Did you just say, babies?" I asked.

"Yeah, you're having twins." He said confused.

"Twins!" I said shocked.

"Yeah, congratulations. " he said.

I got an appointment for next month and was going to head to the work, I decided to tell someone. I decided to call my mom while I was in the car.

"Hello." I heard her answer.

"Are you by yourself?" I asked stopping at a red light.

"Yeah why?" She said.

"I'm having twins." I said.

"OH MY GOSH! ARE YOU SERIOUS?" She yelled into the phone.

"Yes I'm serious. I just left the doctors." I said continuing driving.

"I'm so happy! Does Colby know?" She asked.

I was silent for a minute and I guess she took it as a no.

"Twins?" She asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled pulling into the parking lot.

"Are you going to work?" She asked.

"No not yet. I'll talk to you later." I replied.

"Alright bye, Rina." She said hanging up the phone.

After talking with mom, I pulled out my phone then sending a quick message to Colby.

'Why the fuck did your super sperm give me twins!!!.'