Falling For My Teacher: Chapter 1

⚠️ this book moves at a fast pace in the beginning!

McKenzie's POV

"Kenzie!! Get up."

My mom yells in a death threatening tone as it practically echoed through out the whole house. How is she down stairs and yet still manages to blow my eardrums out. I sluggishly remove myself from the bed and into my bathroom.

Turning the nob on the shower, I strip down and walk in, allowing the warm water to trickle down my tensed body. After washing, rinsing, and drying my body, I put on a casual outfit before brushing my teeth and walking out the bathroom.

"Kenzie Monica Johnson! Get down here now!"

I swear she is gonna be the death of me. I quickly take the curlers out of my natural brunette colored hair, looking in the mirror once more. 'damn you look good gurl' I say aloud to no one in particular before grabbing my backpack and walking down stairs. My mother was standing in the kitchen taking her apron off as I made my way to the bottom of the stairs.

"Morni'n mom."

I kiss her on the cheek before sitting down, finally noticing the food that smelled hypnotizingly amazing.

"Morni'n, sorry for the yelling, I couldn't tell if you were awake or not."

I roll my eyes at her statement, crossing my arms and resting them on the counter.

"Why didn't you just come and check then, my 'dearest' mother?"

I question sarcastically. She narrows her eyes at me and crosses her arms also, mimicking my actions. I guess you can say this is normal for us. We love to joke around a lot, that's just how our relationship is. My father left before I was born. Scratch that, he left as soon as he found out my mom was pregnant with me. I sometimes wonder how she got caught up with a dick face like that. So for me, he was always out of the picture.

"Because I didn't feel like it. My 'dearest' daughter."

She says back equally as sarcastic. I couldn't ask for a better mom.

"Sure sure, be lazy all you want."

"Hey! I'm not lazy. I just,"

She trails off, trying to form the right words.

"Lets just say, I don't like doing things that are unnecessary."

My mother concludes whilst shrugging her shoulders and gingerly placing a decent sized portion of the food she had made onto my plate.

"Exactly!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

She mumbles as I laugh and hurriedly fill my mouth with food. Being late to school is not an option for me. Since I've gotten multiple amounts of tardy slips already. I don't do it on purpose, I'm just not a morning person. Those nimrods don't understand my struggle.

"Alright mom, I'm about to head out."

I say while grabbing my back pack and gulping down the last of my orange juice.

"Forgetting something?"

She held up my phone, dangling it from her hand. At this rate she's going to drop it.

"Mom be careful, you're going to drop it!"

I cry out frantically, but she continues to dangle it from her hand.

"You have to give me a hug first."

My mother smirks deviously at the petty ultimatum, finding the utmost humor in it.