xl

Seravene was meeting Rebecca at a small coffee shop near Starbucks, where Seravene worked. Seravene rocked Kazuno back and forth as he searched for Rebecca.

Finally, the redhead showed and made her way to the table.

"Hey, Seravene. Is this Kazuno?"

"Yeah. Kazuno, meet Rebecca. Rebecca meet Kazuno."

Kazuno opened his eyes and stared at Rebecca.

"That's Rebecca, Kazuno. She's your mom."

Kazuno blinked his big eyes and stuttered out, "B-becca?"

Seravene gasped. "That was his first word! Rebecca, you were his first word!"

Rebecca looked momentarily stunned before she broke into a smile and said, "Do you mind if I pick him up?"

Seravene gestured for her to take Zuno.

Rebecca gingerly reached into the stroller and took Kazuno out.

Seravene felt a pang as Kazuno instantly snuggled into Rebecca, but it was quickly diminished by the way Rebecca smiled back. They belonged together.

"So have you made a decision yet?"

Rebecca looked up, confused. "What do you mean?"

"About whether or not you want it keep Kazuno."

"Oh! Well, I don't want to impose, you have been raising him and all-"

"Rebecca. It's fine. You can have him. He is you son after all. I'll miss him, but I'll cope."

Rebecca looked hesitant.

"Oh, come on! You were his first word, it's destined. You have to take him!"

Rebecca looked at Kazuno and sighed. "I guess he really likes me, and I want to raise him...so...alright. But what about the birth certificate?"

Seravene sighed. "That you're gonna have to take to court. Listen, Rebecca. Thank you for this wonderful experience. It's taught me a lot."

Rebecca gazed at Kazuno. "I think I'm moving. Away from this drama. For a fresh start. Probably in California."

Seravene paused. "You're moving? With Kazuno?"

Rebecca nodded. "I'm leaving. For good."