iv

Slater waited at the window as the barista got his drink. If he was lucky, it would be delicious. If he wasn't lucky, then he'd still have an excuse to talk to her.

"Here you go! May I-"

"-have your credit card? Yes, yes you may." Slater handed her his credit card and took a sip of his drink.

"This stuff is sooo gooood!!"

Seravene smiled and handed him the receipt. "You seem to be in a better mood today."

"Well, I am. I accomplished something today."

"Really? And what's that? Your first word? Wait, I know, did you learn how to write?"

"Ouch. That hurt, barista. No, I deleted my ex's number from my phone."

Seravene stared at him and then bust out laughing, silver hair shaking.
"C-congratulations! You've been promoted to the 'I'm trying to get over her' stage of the breakup."

"What? I'm proud. I actually deleted her number AND blocked her."

"You're hilarious."

"Do you forgive me then?"

"Of course not. What have you done to deserve my forgiveness?"

"I don't know."

"Exactly."

Slater sat for a moment then looked up to the window where the beautiful girl sat, elbow propped on the sill, hair spilling over.

"You need to start your own business. Your drinks are amazing."

Seravene smiled, "That's what my boyfriend says too. I have to go to business school first."

With that she closed the window.

"Boyfriend?"