xxxvii

Jonathan walked to Slater's room, his hands clammy. He and Slater never fought, always agreed or compromised, and nothing ever got between them.

But then came Seravene. A beautiful Chinese girl with a perfect personality and stunning eyes had driven a wedge between Jonathan and Slater. And Jonathan had to do something about it.

Jonathan entered Slater's hospital room and walked in. Slater was bouncing a tennis ball on the floor next to his bed. Nothing had changed. Slater was the jock, Jonathan the hot nerd.

Slater looked up. "Here to gloat because I'm stuck in here and can't take Seravene out?"

Jonathan shoved his hands in his pockets. "Actually...I'm here to talk. We need to work out this whole fiasco with Seravene."

Slater stopped bouncing the ball. "What do you mean? I'm outta this place by tomorrow. I've known Seravene a lot longer than you, I have the advantage."

Jonathan felt anger rise in his chest. "This is what I'm talking about! We're acting like this is a game, and now it's like it's not even about her anymore! She's not a fucking thing!"

"Says you. When you came in to see me, you didn't even mean well. You just came to gloat! Jon, you somehow changed the game. Instead of girls coming to me, the jock, they gravitate to you, the hot nerd.

"The one time a girl might be interested in me, you come in and sweep her off her feet and make me look like nothing! I'm sorry I'm not a super successful like you, but at least I have values!"

Jonathan narrowed his eyes. "You know, I came here to work things out. I guess you don't want to. Tell me when it's a good time to come back."

"A good time would be never!"

"Alright, fine. Goodbye Slater." And Jonathan turned and closed the door.

----------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update! My dad's family is over and I've been spending some quality time with them. I have waay too many cousins. Hope you enjoyed!