Chapter 4: I Meet the Sayaad Prince's Twin

~I Meet the Sayaad Prince's Twin~

When I got outside my bedroom door I became incredibly lost. Where was the kitchen, better yet, where was Dylan, I hadn’t seen him all morning. I was about to call for him when Jacque popped out of nowhere.

“Oh thank god, Jacque can you show me around, I still don’t know where everything is yet,” I said.

“Of course Madam Twyla, where is it you would like to go?” he sounded like one of those posh GPSs where you could change the voice to an esteemed tour guide or whatever.

“Just the kitchen, I really just want something in my stomach since I completely skipped out on food yesterday,” I told him, remembering that I had over slept and couldn’t fit in enough time for breakfast, Stephanie then stole my lunch leaving me without enough money for cafeteria food, and then our venture into the Succubus realm had cost me dinner.

“Oh, of course, please follow me your highness,” he led me past the door that I believed was the library Dylan had shown me yesterday. We walked down a long corridor that was decorated with paintings of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. I guessed they were ancestors of mine. When we got to the end of the hall one painting in particular caught my attention. It was me, clear as day in what looked like a wedding gown, the space next to me was filled except for the head and feet. I supposed it was of me on my wedding day and the space was left clear of paint as my groom hasn’t been decided yet.

Jacque saw me staring and paused, “You know Twyla, you don’t have to do any of this.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“The coming of age ceremony, that’s when you are supposed to choose the three aristocrats you wish to have in your harem. From what I have gathered of you, you take your time when making decisions of great importance.”

“What? I get to at least meet all of the candidates first don’t I? I mean, how can you ask me to just choose three random people to become extremely important members of my life. That’s utter madness,” I said.

“I agree, and of course you’ll get a chance to meet the candidates, though you must be very keen on their behavior. You can tell when someone is trying to use glamour on you when you feel tired or confused. If one of the candidates does this they will immediately be disqualified. Anyway, you said you were hungry right? Let’s get you some breakfast,” with that we started down the corridor again and through a pair of enormous stained oak doors with the same pattern as on my bedroom door. The smells coming from this room were amazing. I smelled mushrooms, bacon, eggs, pancakes, even cookies as we walked past the ovens.

My mouth watered. I was about to open one of the ovens to see what delicacy hid inside, when a spatula flew out of nowhere and slammed the door securely.

“No little girls touching cakes, got it thieving scum?!” screamed an oversized pig-faced man in a chef’s hat.

This set something off in Jacque and immediately between me and the angry pig person. “How dare you. This is her highness princess Twyla. What right do you have to yell at royalty?” His voice was calm and collected though that made him seem even more lethal.

“Oh, my apologies your highness, though you should know better than to stick your hands in a fired oven like that.”

“Y-you’re right, s-sorry,” I stammered, hiding behind Jacque. This person terrified me more than anyone ever had in my life.

“No need to apologize. Jacque, where are you taking our lovely princess today? If you’re looking for the king and queen, they went out for a bit. But if you’re looking to show the princess around, I suggest you start in the parlor, I’m sure she’ll love the view.”