Chapter 7: The Absence of the Harpy "Boys"

Alright, please don't kill me. I know it's been forever and a half but a lot of stuff has been going on, okay? I love you guys so much, this book has received about 3,000 views and nothing makes me happier. I'm glad you all enjoy the story so far and I apologize the chapters have been shorter than the first few. I have the program Office Word 360, so it's not the best. I hope you guys can forgive me and we can continue to let this story grow. Ideas are much appreciated because they help get this story to move faster. I love you all sososososososo much. Please enjoy.  

~*~

I woke up on my bed. Strange, I thought, what happened to Phillip? I yawned and looked around for Sean. When he was nowhere in sight, I rushed for the closet, quickly grabbing the first thing that didn't make me want to vomit, and made my way into the en suite bathroom. Making sure the door was locked, I disrobed. I was glad to be out of the wrinkled clothes I'd slept in. The dress I had picked out was a deep green and came to just above my knees. There were little pink pastel butterflies embroidered on the fabric. Altogether, it looked beautiful, but like the outfit before, it felt like I barely had anything on at all. I did enjoy the way it fluttered as I spun, though. For the first time in my life, I actually enjoyed looking like a girl. I even experimented with some of the makeup lied out on the counter top. I didn't recognize most of the products. I did, however, find gel eyeliner and a simple nude lip gloss. After doing simple cat eyes and swiping some gloss on my lips, I was satisfied with my appearance and left the bathroom.

I roamed the halls, looking for some kind of escape from all the chaos that had been going on. Of course, chaos always seems to find me when I least want it.

"Princess! You shouldn't be out here, you are to be meeting your potential Harpy consorts," called a servant from further along the hall.

"Oh," I said, slightly disappointed, "yeah, I was just looking for them."

"In the west wing? Here, let me guide you to the front entrance hall." The girl hurried over and offered her hand. After a few minutes hesitation, I finally took it. There was a crack of electricity, and suddenly we were back in the hall Dylan and Jacque lead me through. I looked to my right and there stood the elegant door that separated me from the glorious library. Before I could walk over, I was quickly distracted by the grand marble doors being opened.

And so entered two very gloomy looking nobles and an entourage of knights. It seemed quite excessive, but then again, I was standing in a castle with walls made entirely of crystal. They stopped three feet in front of me, then kneeled. I couldn't stop the blush warming my cheeks.

"My lady," said one of the nobles, "allow me to express what an honor it is to be in your presence. For you today, we have brought gifts of jewelry. First, an obsidian necklace."

A servant of the entourage rushed over to me, kneeling and holding up an opened box with a necklace made of four glowing, blue and several shiny, black beads. Taking a closer look, the blue orbs seemed to be made purely of mist. The only thing keeping them from dissipating was their cages of silver. I was so captivated by the dazzling piece, I hadn't realized the noble was speaking again.

"...but please accept this as an apology for our young monarchs' absences."

I quickly looked up. "The Harpy princes won't be coming today?"

The nobles exchanged a nervous glance. "No, your highness. At least, not this morning. It seems they have run into some complications with their apparitional steeds. We hope you will accept our sincerest apologies and consider waiting until later this evening to meet your consorts." They both bowed so their bodies were almost at a perfect ninety degrees.