/29\

"holy shit, dean.. you really struck gold.." jo murmured as she flipped through the pages that dean snuck on her food tray. dean smiled at the praise and looked on with his commander.

"this might be just what we need.. good work.."

"anything for the cause." he shrugged, smirk on his lips.

jo folded the papers and handed them back to dean. "i want you to get this back out to our group, as soon as possible. keep looking for information, but i'm pretty sure this is all we need." she said with a confident smile. dean nodded and gathered her tray before exiting her cell.

as he walked up the steps, he heard footsteps coming down. dean kept his head down, focusing his eyes on the steps under him until he heard the voice.

"now what are you doing down here?" castiel asked softly as he slowed his steps downward. dean looked up and tried to calmly smile. "food for the rebel prisoner, your highness." he said the last part softer than the rest.

castiel smiled gently before looking around. he then reached for dean's shoulder, pulling him in for a quick kiss. "be careful down here, okay?" he said softly after they broke apart.

dean nodded gently before castiel kissed his forehead as a way of saying goodbye. once the king descended the steps, dean let out a small breath and closed his eyes, the guilt overwhelming him suddenly.

i'm sorry, castiel...