/23\

when dean was 12, his father left him with his brother to fend for themselves. to this day, dean still has no idea where his dad is.

a couple months after his father left them, he was confronted by a rebel for the first time. this rebel was trying to escape from the royal guards, and dean helped him. after they were in the clear, the rebel introduced himself as benny and offered to take him to his camp.

benny took dean to the secret rebel camp and offered him a place in a group, which is where he met jo. they became very close and stuck with each other as they continued to climb up the ranks. when jo became commander of their group, she always seemed to chose dean for important tasks.

he had never been given a big mission as the one jo had just given him today: the mission to earn the trust of the king and gain important information.

dean found himself torn, for part of him wanted to please his commander, but the other part of him did not want to hurt castiel. one way he could help bring down the monarchy, but the other was betraying his rebel family.

his hand ran across the walls as he walked down the hallway, trying to sort through his thoughts. these thoughts were interrupted when he heard a big shuffle in front of him.

dean saw that castiel was apologizing to the servant he accidentally bumped into, and he kept his back to dean.

the rebel then inhaled deeply to prepare himself for what he was going to do next. he walked over to the king and lightly tapped his shoulder. castiel turned around and his eyes widened when he saw dean.

"oh-um.. dean.. hello.." he stumbled on his words.

dean felt his heart pull when he saw castiel look and act flustered, and he wanted to stop himself from continuing what he was going to do next.

"come with me... okay?"