/11\

all castiel wanted to do was read.

he started in the throne room, practically laying on the seat, while reading his book. well, until michael barged in.

"your highness. we must talk about the prisoner and the rebel." he said as he strode through the room, bowing slightly when he approached the king.

castiel did not bother to look up. "can't we just do it later?"

michael laughed and cas could sense him shaking his head. "oh no, sir. we must do this immediately." cas looked up to see that michael was holding a stack of papers.

he immediately closed his book and stood up. "well, i say we shall do this another time, so if you will excuse me..." cas then quickly shuffled out of the room, gripping onto his book for dear life as michael called after him.

next, he ended up in his room. his brother and sister came in, but they were easy to shoo out. however, ellen was a little bit harder to get out.

she walked in with a pile of sheets and stopped in her tracks when she saw cas laying on the neatly made bed. "now what did i tell you about laying on the bed after it's made?"

cas didn't respond, he just kept reading. ellen let out an aggravated puff and set the sheets down. "sir, if you do not get out of here to allow me to clean, you're doing this all yourself."

he was tempted to stay there, but he realized that he had no idea how to do all the things that ellen did. cas quickly apologized and rushed out, book still in hand. he leaned on the door and sighed.

where was he going to go? everywhere he went, a servant or guard would come up and demand that he do his duties.... where is it quiet, where no one would notice that he was there?

suddenly it hit him.

cas walked as if he wasn't planning anything and nodded at servants as he passed. when he approached the steps, he practically ran down them.

when he opened the door and saw dean's pissed off expression,castiel sighed of relief

"thank god..." he muttered before sitting down to read.