Chapter 16 You Can't Leave Me

Peeta POV

I'm going crazy. Katniss hasn't let me kiss her for three days. She's been acting really weird. I hope everythings okay. I'm on my way back to her house from the bakery when I see her sitting on the steps outside. I walk up to her and sit down. I see she's crying.

"Hey, whats wrong? Are you hurt?" I ask rubbing her back. She locks her arms around my neck almost choking me.

"Peeta. I'm....we're....we're moving. To Nebraska." she says. Moving away? She can't.

"Katniss, you can't leave me." I say with tears running down my cheeks. I need Katniss.

"I don't want to. I can't live anywhere else without you but I have to go with. I'm only 17." she says. I hug her as tight as I can. She takes my hand and leads me inside. We sit down and I kiss her. I can taste the salt of her tears. We talked it through and when we went to bed I knew: I'm gonna lose my Katniss.

The Night Before Katniss Leaves.

I'm sitting in Katniss's room. Now empty, everything gone but her bed. Thats getting taking out tomorrow. She walks out of her bathroom and sits down next to me.

"Peeta, one last time." she says before kissing my neck. Katniss wanted to have sex one last time. As sad and broken as I was I wanted to grant her, her last wish. I pulled her on top of me and ran my hands from her back to her butt. I felt my friend slowly rise. I guess its sad too. That night was the best but also the last.

The Day Katniss Moves

I'm crying and I don't care. Everybody is here. Even Gale. Katniss hugs and says her goodbyes to everybody untill she comes to me. She breaks down in my arms. I feel her tears stain my shirt. I cry into her hair but she doesn't care.

"Peeta, promise me that you won't forget me and that you won't love another girl." she says. How could I?

"I promise KitKat. Please, call me, write to me and never forget me." I say before kissing her head. She pulls me down for a long kiss that I don't want to end. I hold on to her as if she's dying. She pulls away and puts her hand over my heart.

"Peeta, I will come back. I will and I promise. Watch out for our friends and take care of yourself. Don't stop living because I'm gone. I will always be yours and you'll aways be mine. I love you Peeta Mellark." she says before giving me a necklace with a K on it. I pulled her in for a last hug and kiss. She got into the car and drove away. She looked at me one last time before the car turned around the courner. Katniss Everdeen. The girl I love is gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I ended the story with a bang. Katniss is gone and Peeta is dead inside. I will write a sequel. Its called I'm Always Yours.

If you liked this post a comment.

Nikki :)