Chapter 8 Mistakes and Heartbreaks

Peeta POV

Its been 3 months since I told Katniss I lover her. Since I kissed her for the first time as we lie in my bed. Today is the last day of school and we were getting ready for the party afterwards. I was waiting for Katniss when Delly comes around the courner. 

"Hey Peeetaaa." she said. I hate it when she says my name like that.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed. I slammed my locker shut and pushed me agaist the wall. I don't know why but I can't break free. She pressed her lips against mine. Out of the courner of my eye I see Katniss staring at us with tears in her eyes.

Delly let go and said "I'm glad you think so too." she said before leaving. I ran to Katniss but she ran off. I chased after her but when I got outside I saw her standing there in shock. I saw ripped, wet and bloody clothes hanging on the flag pole. But not any clothes. A miner's jacket and a small red dress. On the concret below the flag pole stood in blood red "YOU DID THIS TO US". Katniss dropped to her kneesand cried. I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Peeta, its my fault, my fault" she said. I felt terrible but I had too be here for her now. I helped her up and get to my car. We got in and I drove to her house. 

"Katniss, I'm really sorry. I didn't kiss her." I said. She looked at me with her tear filled eyes. 

"Its okay. I trust you but why did she do this?" she said before crying into my shirt. I took her inside but her parents were gone.

"Katniss, what did all that stuff mean?" I asked as we sat down. She wiped the tears from her face and looked straight at me.

"When I was 10 my father and my sister and I were on our way home from a funny movie. We were telling jokes and when I told one so funny that it distracted my dad the car ran off the road. It rolled down the hill and into the river. My father died on inpact and Prim and I were still in the car. I tried to reach her but the window broke and water poured into the car. I got Prim out of the car but she was passed out. I carried her four 8 miles to the hostpital but it was too cold and she died in the hostpital. It was my fault." she said crying. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Katniss, its not your fault. Please, you couldn't have done anything but you tried to save her and I'm sure she thanks you for that. I promise I'll take care of this." I said pulling my phone out. I called Finnick.

"Hey Peeta, did you see the flag pole at the....". "Yes I did Finnick, get Annie to Katniss's house and meet me at the school." I said before haning up the phone. I gave Katniss a kiss and left to the school. I met Finnick there. My fists were clenched and shaking.

Dude whats wrong?" he asked. I walked inside and toward Delly.

"It was Delly. It was met for Katniss. I'm gonna kill her." I said. We walked around the courner where Delly was standing. I slammed her against the wall.

"Your a selfish little bitch you know that?" I spit in her face. She was scared and Finnick pulled me away from her. She smirked and walked away with her minions.

"What the fuck man?" Finnick asked as I walked back to my car.

"That message. It met to say that Katniss is the reason why her father and little sister's died." I said getting in. We drove to Katniss and heard yelling. We ran inside and found Annie at the bathroom door.

"Peeta! She locked herself in! " she said. I ran to the door and tried to open it but it really was locked.

"Katniss, please open the door. Its Peeta." I said but all I heard was crying. I broke the door and found her sitting on the floor. I picked her up and carried her to her bedroom.

"Katniss, please don't ever do that again." I pled as tears ran down my face as well. She pulled me close and fell asleep. I laid down and kept my arms wrapped tightly around her, not letting her go. And this is not over.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found it abit hard to write this because I wasn't sure how to explain the deaths of Katniss's father and sister so I hope its okay.

Post a comment if you like this or if you have a problem.

Nikki :)