Chapter 9 Mother Trouble

Katniss POV

Its been about four months since that shit with Delly. Peeta helped me deal with it. Today I'm gonna pick up Peeta so we can go to my therapist Dr. Mullings. As I near Peeta's house I hear shouting from inside. I run in and Peeta's face covered in blood and his mother with a blood rolling pin in her hand.

"Stop! Leave him alone!" I yelled running over to him. His eye was a terrible mixture of black and blue and blood was coming from his mouth.

"You little Seam slut!" his mother yelled before swinging the rolling pin and hitting me in the side of the face. The pain were horrible. Rye and Mr. Mellark walked in at that moment. Rye rushed over to me while Mr. Mellark took the rolling pin from Mrs. Mellark.

"Thats it!" Peeta yelled. he never yells. He took my hand and lead me to the front door. "I can't do this anymore! More its gone so far that she's hit Katniss. I'm done! I'm leaving!" he yelled as he dragged me out of the house and to his car. We got in and he drove away.

"Katniss? Can I stay at your house?" he asked with a tear running down his blood soaked cheek. I carefull wiped it away with my thumb.

"Sure. You still have some clothes there." I said. We drove to my house and walked in. I went to kitchen and brought him as ice pack.

"Katniss I'm so sorry. I should have stopped her." he said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He laid his hands on my waist and he kissed my neck.

"Don't be. I'm okay, really." I said. I took his hand and led him to the bathroom to clean the blood off his face.

"Peeta? You should take a bath and try to get some rest." I said. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Will you join me? I don't want to be alone." he said smiling. Well, after all the shit we went through today I think I need a hot bath too. I let in some hot water and we slipped into the bathtub. As we lay there he kissed my neck lightly, making me giggle.

"Why haven't we done this before?" he asked. I really loved this.

"I'm not sure but I really like this. Its nice." I said shuggling head against his chest. I felt something poke the side of my thigh.

"Peeta, really? Whats wrong with you?" I aske. He laughed and ran his hands down my sides. 

"My problem is that I had have a sexy girlfriend." he said smiling. Okay, now I'm getting excited. I ran my hand up his thigh and took his friend in my hand making him groan. I got him wrapped around my finger.

"Keep quiet and we'll have some fun." I said smiling. And once again, Peeta has showed that he is really the best.

Peeta POV

I wake up next to Katniss in bed. Sex in the bathtub wasn't so bad but there was alot of water on the floor after that. Then we made it to her bed and started round 2. She is a godess in bed. I rolled over and got up to go to the bathroom. When I came back Katniss was sitting up, leaving me standing there staring at her bare chest. I felt my friend rising and Katniss laughed. "I knew it would work." she said as she laid back down. I fell into bed next to her and kissed her neck.

"Peeta? I think your should calm yourself down. " she said looking at my friend. I rolled over and took care of it. Then Katniss and I got dressed and walked downstairs where Haymitch was sitting.

"Peeta? I don't recall allowing you to sleep here last night." he said giving me a look.

"Haymitch, Peeta had some trouble with his mother and stayed here last night." Katniss said. I felt abit better knowing that Katniss wouldn't tell what really happened.

"Okay well Peeta? I allow you to stay here but in the guest bedroom." he said. What?

"No, he's sleeping in my room." Katniss said taking my hand and leading me to the kitchen. She turned around and gave me a long kiss.

"Don't let Haymitch bother you okay?" she said messing with my hair. I love it when she does that. I stroked her cheek where the large, blue bruse was.

"Peeta, I'm fine. Please don't worry." she said giving me puppy dog eyes. I smiled and sat down with her in the kitchen dinning corner.

"So, what should we do today?" I asked. She played with her hair and thought but her mother walked in at that moment.

"Sweetheart, I need to talk to you and your father." she said walking by. We walked into the livingroom and sat down.

"Okay, Katniss, you know I love you more than anything right." Katniss slowly nodded. "Well, I have to tell you that I'm pregnent." she said. Katniss stood up and ran out of the house. I ran after her and caught her at the egde of the woods. She broke down in my arms, crying.

"Peeta, she wants to replace Prim." she said crying.

"No, its alright. She doesn't want to replace Prim. I promise you this. Please don't hate your mother. I'm sure she didn't get pregnent on purpose." I said. She snuggled dipper into my grip.

"Do you think Prim would be happy? That I have another sister to take care of?" she asked. I kissed her forehead and pulled her close.

"Yes. You need to be strong for her." I said. She stood up and we walked back to the house.

"Mom?" Katniss said walking in. Her mother stood up and hugged her.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't want to upset you." she said. Katniss hugged her back.

"Mom, its okay. I'm happy for you. I'm happy I might get a little brother or sister." she said. After a few minutes of talking to her mother Katniss and I walked outside and sat down on the porch.

"Katniss, I want you to know that if you and your mother ever need help you let me know. Please." I said. She smiled and kissed me.

Katniss would be a great big sister and I would always help her if she needed help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so thank my closest friend Jason for this chapter and he helped me find my long lost keys

Yay for me. I also will have the next chapter up today. Hope you liked it.

Post a comment if you like it or if you have some problems.

Nikki :)