Chapter 15: Resolution for Sol's

"Alex?"

My vision's blurred as I open my eyes. "Alex your awake!" I hear Vector announce. I blink, trying to clear my vision. I sit up, immediately regretting it. Pain shoots from my shoulder to my legs and everywhere in between. "Guys she's awake!" Vector calls.

I'm quickly surrounded by everybody. My dad, John, Bria, Stephanie, and of course Vector. "Hi." I say to everyone, smiling weakly. "Alex," Bria says, tears in her eyes. "I thought you died, but Stephanie saved you using her powers."

I turn to Stephanie. "Thank you."

"Just doing my job Alex. Now if you'd excuse me, other patients need my attention." She leaves quietly, closing the door behind her. Alex, the warriors fighting outside! Are they Ok? Skai freaks out. "The warriors! Are they Ok?" I repeat what Skai said. "Whoa whoa, calm down. We only had a few casualties, the rest are here recovering." John explains, crossing his arms.

"So ... We won?" I ask, looking at all four of them.

"You don't remember killing Victor?" My Dad asks me. "I do, but who's in control of his pack now?"

Vector raises his hand. "I took control since I'm his only family to be living." So much happened ...

"How long have I been out?" I ask Vector. "Two days." I sigh in relief. I thought I was out for like a month or something. "And also, I've made a deal to combine our packs, so there's no more war." Vector adds. Seems like everything worked out. Skai says. Not everything. What do you mean? Skai asks.

"Is the Book of Sol's here?" I ask anyone. "Yeah, here." John grabs it off the counter and hands it to me. I forcefully sit up straight and start flipping until I've found Helios Canis again. "Something wrong Alex?" Vector asks.

I skim along the part we already read, trying to find the answer to my question. After skipping some, I read aloud, "Although any Sol can transform into Helios Canis without the Jewel of Sol's, they must be willing to give their life for their people. It has only happened once before and will probably never happen again."

"Wait, you went into Sol form while fighting my brother." Vector asks. I nod. "I thought it would be impossible, but I did it, and now I know how."

After that, it's quiet in the room. My Dad is the first to leave saying, "I have to run the place while Alex heals. I will see y'all later!" Then, five minutes later, Bria and John leave, claiming they have 'work', but I'm pretty sure it was just too awkward. It's just me and Vector left, sitting in silence.

I look at him, watching him read through the Book of Sol's.

"You know, there's every Sol's story in there since day one." I ask him. He chuckles, "Had no clue." He goes back to reading, looking sadder than before. "You Ok Vector?"

He closes the book, placing it on the chair next to him. "I miss him."

"Victor?" I ask surprised.

"Even though he was pure evil, he was my brother ... and the only family I had left." He admits. Watching single tears rolling down his face only made me feel worst about what I did. "Vector I'm so sorry. But now, we're your family. Bria, John, all of them." I tell him. He holds back smiling real big, and replies, "Thanks."

I reach for his hand off the bed, but wincing since moving my shoulder. Vector grabs my hand and places it back onto the bed. I start tearing up, looking at Vector. "I miss my Mom." I say, desperately holding back a cry.

Vector looks out the window. He answers, "She must be the proudest mother of every Sol who ever lived."

Your mate sure knows how to love you! Skai comments. Yeah, he's one-of-a-kind for sure. I look at him as he turns to me. I suddenly laugh remembering the first time we spoke. "I can't remember a time when I didn't think you were my mate." I state.

"Really? That was like last week you didn't trust me." He jokes.

We laugh, remembering the bathroom, breakfast, our first fight together.

"You know, we've never been on a date. Don't mates usually take each other out?" Vector asks me. "John takes Bria out all the time." I tell him. "Well, how about I take you out then Sol?" He asks, grinning. "Sounds lovely."

"I know the perfect place in town near Marco's Pizza!" He says excitedly. I grab his chin bringing him closer. We stare deeply into each other's eyes. Then Vector pulls my me closer and we kiss. My pain, worries and doubt go away as we kiss. We rarely let each other go for the moment.

When we stop, I rest my head on his, smiling like a five year old. I comment, "Something tells me this date going to be amazing."

A/N PLEASE READ:
Guys it's over! Thank everyone who read this story! It was fun to write, I loved the characters, and hopefully y'all did too. I'll still be updating I Sell T-shirts to my Crush until for awhile if you wanna read another book of mine. Um ... Yeah that's it! Thank you so mush for reading! I truly love y'all! Always, Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!