Chapter 11: Speedy Recovery for Sol's

"She won't be able to fight for a week."

I open my eyes, blinking as it's very bright inside the room. As I'm gaining my sight, I realize I'm inside a room in the clinic. I try sitting up, but my shoulder stops me immediately. "Oh my fucking hell!" I yell, moving back into the position I was in before.

"ALEX!"

I turn my head to the right seeing Vector rushing over to my bed. "You're awake! Are you Ok? How do you feel?" He asks me immediately, sitting in the chair right next to my bed. Despite his attitude to see me, his eyes have bags underneath and he looks as if he hasn't shaved with little stubble growing on his chin.

I take a glance at my shoulder to see it's in a sling, held in the air slightly. "I feel fine ... Now at least." I answer, not sure how I feel. "What happened to you?" I return a question.

Vector smiles, yawns, and stretches all at the same time making me chuckle at him. "I've stayed by your side waiting for you to wake up." He tells me. Isn't he the sweetest? Skai says randomly. Skai, this isn't the time. Fine, I'll leave the subject alone. She gives in unwillingly.

"How long have I been out?" I look at him. He looks up, calculating in his head, then answers, "A week."

"A WEEK!" I exclaim.

"Calm down Alex," Stephanie says from across the room. "You were gravely injured after Mark basically ripped out your shoulder. I was lucky enough to know a guy who could save you." Stephanie looks outside, where the sun is shining bright.

I can't believe I lost a battle against Mark, of all people. I lay my head on the side facing Vector. He smiles at me, but I look away towards Stephanie. "So who saved me right before Mark could kill me?" I ask her.

"Vector did. He chased those monsters away with John and Bria before carrying you here." She explains. I turn to Vector, who's brushing off the incident. "It was nothing ... well, except for breaking out of your shawl you tied me up in." He says, reminding me what I did.

I gasp, remembering I tied him up in the kitchen. "I'm so sorry, I just couldn't see you get hurt." I explain. Vector shakes his head, and admits, "It's Ok, I probably would have done the same thing."

"So who's been controlling the Pack in my week absence?" I ask, suddenly worrying.

"John." Stephanie and Vector answer at the same time.

"Is he doing a great job?" I ask, hoping for a positive answer.

Stephanie bites her lips. Vector answers, "He's ordering an attack on my brother's pack." "WHAT?!" I scream, sitting straight up. Pain shoots through my entire right arm, and I yelp in pain. I press through it and say, "I gotta stop him. We can do this peacefully." I try turning out of the bed, but my arm keeps shooting me back.

"Your body hasn't recovered. You can leave when it heals fully." Stephanie tells me, sitting me back down.

"But-"

"But nothing. Vector, make sure she stays here." Stephanie orders, walking out the door. "Sure." Vector answers. As soon as Stephanie's out of earshot, I plead with Vector, "You gotta let me go! I can't let John start a war! Please! I'm your mate!"

Vector waves his hands down, telling me to calm down. "You really think I was gonna let you stay here? You're stronger than a broken arm." He says. "But in case you needed a faster recovery," and he pulls The Book of Sol's from underneath the bed. "I brought this."

"How's this gonna help me?" I ask him confused. He grins and starts flipping through the book. About a minute later, he shows me a page titled: Curación Spell.

"Healing Spell!" I exclaim. He places the book in front of me and I immediately start reading. Doing this spell will help the wearer of the Jewel of Sol's to speed up the healing process. If done uninjured will result in deformation in your feet and hands.

"Good thing I'm injured," I comment, reading the last line. "Ok, here it goes."

I start reading the spell aloud while the Jewel glows intensely. "Looking up the sun so high, I bless it regenerate the pain from my cuerpo."

Quickly, the sunlight from the window starts flowing into my arm in the sling. As my arm constantly absorbs the sunlight, my arm starts hurting less and less. It doesn't take long before the light in my Jewel fades and the sunlight trickles its way back to normality.

Vector is the first to ask, "Did it work?"

I lift my arm up, expecting extreme aggravation, but my arm feels great, definitely better than before. "I think I'm healed." I say, wiggling my fingers. "Alright, let's go stop John." Vector says, standing up. He helps me get out of the bed and we leave the room. As we're navigating the hallway, we see Stephanie walking straight towards us, looking down at her clipboard.

"Shit!" I whisper. "In here." He calls me, opening a door to an empty room. We rush in, turning off the lights and ducking behind the wall. I breathe slowly, as Vector does the same. On the other side of the wall we hear Stephanie's heels click through the hallway, walking straight past the room we're in.

As her footsteps fade away, we open the door, looking both ways before coming out. "Fun, now let's hurry!" I say, run down the hallway.

We dash out of the clinic, turning to the Pack house. We burst in and run towards the back of the house to where the Warriors stay, but no ones there.

"They already left." I state.

"Let's follow them then."

We turn around and run to the West gate. "Hey!" I call the guard on duty. She turns around and smiles. She, Iris, is actually the one who trains every warriors to fight. She is a little taller than me, wearing the new magic armor my mom bought before ... leaving.

"Ma'am your alright." She says. "Yeah," we get to her as I continue. "Do you know where John went Iris? I can't let him march into the other pack."

Iris points to the left of where were standing and adds, "They left about 20 minutes ago."

"OH NO!" Vector sprints of in that direction. Why's he sprinting? Something must be wrong. Skai says. "Thank you Iris!" I say, chasing after Vector. I don't here her say goodbye, but I could tell she was waving. I push through the shrubs to catch up with Vector. "Slow down!" I yell to him.

"Can't."

"Why not?"

"Because your army's walking into a trap." He tells me, speeding up. I run on all fours, shifting so I can keep up with him. "What is this trap?" I ask.

Vector takes a breathe before answering, "It involves silver, mines, and an irreplaceable brother of mine."