Chapter 1: Homeschooling for Sol's

A/N PLEASE READ:
Hey everybody reading this book! Just wanted to say "Hello!" and thank you for reading. This is my first time writing a werewolf story, so if anything information is wrong, I'm sorry. This book will be different from normal werewolf books, just saying before theirs comments telling me everythings wrong. I hope y'all like it! Vote, comment, and Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!

(Oh yeah and the picture above is Alexandra)

--------------------------------

"The highest and most important rankings are Sol and Sun, Proxy, and Nova. Then it trails down until the least important of the pack, the Umbras. Alex! Are you listening to me!?" Yells my mother.

I stop drawing in my notebook. "Yes." I answer bluntly.

"You better. You'll be Sol in the next couple of weeks Alex. You need to know everything! Your job, the ranks, the responsibilities- it's so much for you to learn in just a few weeks. And hopefully you'll also-"

"I don't wanna talk about it Mom." I interrupt her, feeling myself getting worked up. "What? Finding your mate is one of the most important things you'll need to know." She tells me, walking over to my desk. "Me and your father-"

"Mom, I really don't wanna know. And I've got to take time and learn more about my responsibilities from the book you gave me." I say, holding up the mediocre size book.

"SOL! THE WEST SIDE IS UNDER ATTACK AGAIN!" A guard yells from downstairs.

"Alright I'll be right there!" She yells back. "You read my little Starshine while I go and deal with these rouges." And just like that, my moms gone. I'm just sitting alone in my room, in my desk, reading a book on how to be a leader.

You know, she's looking after you. She's not trying to make you bored, just ... informed. Skai, my wolf, trys making me feel better.

Skai is my inseparable wolf. She's smart, quiet, and definitely hardheaded.

Yes Skai, because leaving your daughter to read about what people do is so informative in stopping an attack from another pack. All I'm saying is stop complaining. Skai says.

I roll my eyes and get back to reading about the Jewel of the Sol's. Reading the text, It's a irreplaceable, magical gem that makes the Sol's the most powerful in the pack. Without it, it's said the pack will turn to chaos and-

I immediately stop and look out the window, into the Sun. "Why did you decide to make me the next Sol? Seriously, I'm like least qualified to lead a pack Sun God!" I talk to the sun, but again, no response. Why does he never answer me?

Because your not special enough to speak to him. Skai comments. Just be quiet.

I look downwards, searching for a glimpse of the battle taking place, but the only thing I see is everyone living there day to day lives in the pack. It seems peaceful now, until your the one making sure everything's perfect in the pack.

"How's my little ray of sunshine doing?"

I spin around, seeing my Dad standing in the doorway to my room. He's fairly tall, short brown hair, faded gray eyes, wearing a collared shirt and khakis as always. "Hey Dad." I reply. I walk over to him and give him a hug. "Why aren't you out there helping Mom?" I ask.

"Oh John said he'd go for me since my back is hurting." He says, holding his back like an old man. Of course, John volunteers for everything. John is the Proxy, or second in command, in the pack. John's straightforward, serious, and is loyal to the pack.

"Dad your not that old." I say rubbing his back. "53 is pretty old if you ask me. Your getting old yourself miss 21-year-old." He jokes, laughing afterwards.

"I'm still 20 until my birthday actually comes so I'm still super young." I comment, pulling my Dad to his feet. Once up, my Dad stretches his arms out, popping his back.

"Ahhh, just what I needed. Ready for your training?" He asks excitedly.

"Yep, let's go!" I answer.

I follow my father, who leads me through our house, and down into our basement. Why? Because it's training time. Not learning about the responsibilities, but the combat needed to be the Sol. We walk into the normal room of the basement, filled with shelves of books, antiques, and other miscellaneous things. We walk past all that and go to the door at the other side of the room.

We open the next door as it reveals the field of practice for combat and training. "Ok Alex, don't hold back, your old man can take it." My Dad tells me, feeling cocky.

"I thought your back hurt." I smirk back.

"Well not anymore." And he suddenly shifts into the brown and black pelleted wolf he is. He immediately dashes for me. I dodge by jumping up in the air then landing right on his head. I run to the side, watching my Dad shake his head in confusion; then I run back at him, shifting into my wolf. I'm colored with a gray-brown fur, and yellow eyes reflecting the Sun. Just a perk of being the next Sol.

I get in close, but before I can ram into him, he catches my head, then redirects me into the wall. Damn Alex! Owwwww! Skai cries in pain.

God my head! Why did I charge at him? I shift back, because I can't continue with my skull about to explode, and my Dad shifts to, kneeling next to me. "Alex I'm so sorry, I got a little bit carried away! Are you bleeding?" I touch my head where it is throbbing, and of course, there's blood on my fingers.

"Ok ok, I'll carry you to the doctor." He offers. He lifts my body and carries me out of the room, through the basement, and out into the house. He sprints out the door, turning to the building right next to the pack house. I would say this is urgent, but this happens a lot when I'm training. I either start bleeding terribly or break something; so this happens normally.

Do I like it? Of course not. Am I trying to grow tougher to become Sol? Trying is the key word in that question, and trying is definitely the key word in my answer.

My father barges in, running straight to a room. He sets me down bed cautiously and says, "I'll go and get the doctor fast, just relax and keep your head on." I smile slightly as he runs down the hall. I touch my head again to feel more blood coming out.

I tilt my head to the right, and regret it. The pain is like two million needles stabbing me all over my head. But I gotta look for something to slow the bleeding. On the right, thankfully, is a roll of paper towels. I reach for them and rip a piece off.

I then fold it and place it where I'm bleeding. Well isn't this great. Just sitting in a hospital bed, bleeding out. Skai states dramatically. The doctors probably busy, no need to be so rude. But your like the Sol and Sun's daughter! Shouldn't you be more important? Skai asks.

Well ... I don't know. If you think so you can, but I'm equal to everyone here. Just because I'm the daughter of the two most important people in the pack, doesn't mean I need to be treated differently. No I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it means. Skai comments rudely.

Before I can think back, the doors to the front burst open like my Dad did. "DOCTOR! NURSE! ANYBODY HELP MRS. SUNRISE!"

Isn't that Johns voice? Skai asks me urgently. Yes, and somethings definitely wrong with my Mom. I get another towel from the roll, place it on my head, and get out the room as fast as possible hold my head.

I instantly see John, hold my mom in his arms. And my Mom is unconscious, with an arrow piercing straight through her chest.